PDA

View Full Version : Expression editor Question

Revanto
01-06-2004, 09:43 AM
I've just managed to watch most of the preview videos for LW8 (I have dialup) and I wanted to know something about the Expression editor.

OK, can you bring up a library of expressions in the editor (with notes) like with a pop up? Then add new epressions to it?

I think that having a note with the expression can help explain the expression if forgotten what it does.

Also, how easy will it be to work out smartskin expressions using the editor? I know that Joel Dryer explains the expression part in his smart skin video tutorial but I hope a visual version would be easier to understand how things work.

Revanto

Librarian
01-06-2004, 11:50 AM
I would like to know if it`s possible to make an expression with all three , let`s say, translation channels.
When I look at the video it seems that it`s nothing more than a visual representation of the old expression system and that you need 3 expression for such a task.
One for every translation channel.
Well, I could be wrong, it`s just speculation. But if Im right, the 'new' expression system is nearly useless for me.

Mylenium
01-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Well, it seems to be a bit more open than the old system, but I too would think it's very much the old one with a graphical representation. What bothers me most is that there seems to be no support for particles/ dynamics as well as conditional statements. Somebody please prove me wrong... ;o).

Mylenium