PDA

View Full Version : logitech wireless keyboard/VT3 Conflict?

videorapture
01-06-2004, 06:13 AM
Hello. Just recently bought a wireless mouse/keyboard combo with the aid of a holiday gift certificate. It is a Logitech and both mouse and keyboard are fit to the ps2 ports on the back of my work station. They do work almost flawlessly. The keyboard however seems to have a difficulty that renders it close to useless when I open VT3. If I highlight anything within VT 3 and try to change it, such as renaming a file in batch capture, of manually changing the in or out points, or anything else that requires typed input, I cannot do so. In most other ways the keyboard works as a keyboard should, such as tab and arrow keys, space bar, enter keys. Just think about how many times that you actually have to input data via the keyboard. Its a major inconvenience.
Anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas?
Hate to give up the freedom of the cutting of my umbilicus
Thanks ahead!

Rich

Jean
01-06-2004, 06:45 AM
I had the same problem with logitec wireless mouse/keyboard combo.

I bought a wired version and the problem was solved.

videorapture
01-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't really solve the problem if I'd like to keep my wireless keyboard:( If that cannot be done, I will grudgingly go back to my "shortcuts" keyboard and hope for the day where logitec marries luminex and the child is a glow in the dark wireless keyboard that works with VT3. Atleast I know that I am not the only one who has experienced this problem.

Regards

Rich

videoguy
01-06-2004, 08:00 AM
i have no problems with my wireless mouse from logitech though it was usb

SBowie
01-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I have a Logitech witeless mouse and kb, have had no troubles apart from times when batteries were dying. I did notice that they advise keeping the sensor away from monitors...

videorapture
01-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Hmmmm. Just the keyboard giving me problems. I'll try to reposition the sensor and/or try usb vs the ps2 connection

Thanks
:rolleyes:
Rich

SBowie
01-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Just as a sidenote, I am connected via the standard PS2 connectors (not USB).

PIZAZZ
01-06-2004, 04:42 PM
I use a Microsoft Natural Wireless Setup and experience no problems. Okay just one. The silly keyboard defaults to the F lock key not being on. Thus none of the typical F Key functions apply unless you turn on F- Lock. Great idea [email protected]!!!!!

videorapture
01-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Played with a variety of potential solutions, moving the receiver, moving the keyboard, changing the channel of the mouse and keyboard, unplugging other peripherals (like my drawing pad)...nada. Changed the ps 2 connection to USB, and it worked. Don't know why. Don't care. Will save my curiosity for another area. It works now though! Happy as Jimmy Buffett in a rum factory.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Rich

bradl
01-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by PIZAZZ
I use a Microsoft Natural Wireless Setup and experience no problems. Okay just one. The silly keyboard defaults to the F lock key not being on. Thus none of the typical F Key functions apply unless you turn on F- Lock. Great idea [email protected]!!!!! I am on my second MS keyboard an they both had this problem. Millions of users on the MS forums complaining for years now and still no change. They arrogantly assume their special keys are more important than the lowly standard F keys. Shezzzz!