PDA

View Full Version : Bone Weight Maps Not Working

A.Russell
01-06-2004, 05:51 AM
I created a model and created it's weight maps before taking it to Layout for animation. I applied animatons to it, then I wanted to assign weights to make it look nicer.

Even thought I set values in Modeler, when I assign that weight map in Layout, nothing happens.

Do I need to redo the skelegons to bones everytime I make adjutments to the weight maps in Modeler? I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Axis3d
01-06-2004, 07:05 AM
In Layout, have you assigned each weight map to each particular bone? Just creating the weight map in Modeler does not automatically assign it to a bone (unless it has the exact same name).

Neuroup
01-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Your post is very general. Maybe you should write exectlly what you do step by step. Maybe you forget press something. If you can send some screenshots.

tmdag
01-06-2004, 10:31 AM
check if You do not have skelegons in different layer than object. Also try option "use weight map only" and like axis said check if you have assigned weights to each bone ;]

tip1: If your weightmaps have the same names like bones than they will be assigned automaticlly.

tip2: use spreadsheet to check bone properties, if they have everything ok

Neurop: Yo man :P

Neuroup
01-06-2004, 01:03 PM
The best solution it will be when Russels will put a scene in this post. Becouse there is lot of variant's what he can do wrong.

Tm_Deg:My nickname is Neuroup not Neurop. But Yo

tmdag
01-06-2004, 01:07 PM
My nickname is Tm_DaG not Tm_DeG :P

A.Russell
01-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Thank you everyone.

The weight maps have the exact same names as I gave the bones (after I made the model and boned it, I created the weight maps before converting skelegons in Layout).

The weight maps are there, however they are not automatcally assigned to the bones. I have to go through each individually and assign it from a pull down menu in properties.

Mostly, by default it animates okay. However, it squashes up under the armpits and the head deforms badly.

http://www.3dgamesforkids.com/pictures/weightprob.jpg

I've been trying to point weight these areas to stop this. I assigned the points in the chest area to the top spine bone and gave them 100% weight. It makes no difference unless I turn off normalisation, then the chest kind of blows out and deforms even worse.

Hope this clalifies the problem a bit more.

Neuroup
01-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Everything looks ok. Maybe you should send me a scene with object. Becouse i must look more inside scene.

Greets