PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring Weight and Morph Maps

Ramen Sama
03-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Hello everyone. Not to sound like an idiot, but I can't figure out an easy way to Mirror just Weight or Morph Maps. I know that if you Mirror the Geometry, it will Mirror both the Weight and the Morph maps. I'm setting up a character for bone animation and after Setting up one side with Some morph maps to compensate for the bone animation, I need the other side done the same way without having to manually set all the needed morph maps. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

- Ramen Sama

rabid pitbull
03-08-2003, 08:14 PM
i think you may have to mirror the mesh.:( i did see a pay plugin at flay.com a week or so ago that might help. believe it or not but it was a poser to LW plugin set ... one of them was explicitly for mophs though. $20 i think.

Ramen Sama
03-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Yeah, mirroring the mesh is a problem because it will also mirror the Weight maps. That's the major problem I have. I did see that plugin earlier though. That may or may not be what I need.

- Ramen Sama

faulknermano
03-08-2003, 11:21 PM
there was a .p plug over at flay.com that does exactly this. search for "mirror morph" or something.. i think you'll find this because it was relatively recent.

if all else fails, try out my script for it:

http://thespread.topcities.com/MirrorWeightMaps.zip

(it also has a MirrorMorphMaps there as well)

the reson why i recommend the other is because it's a .p plugin and i'm almost sure that it will run faster.

Ramen Sama
03-09-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm much more concerned about functionality VS speed. I'll download yours and test it out, then let you know what I think. Thanks.

- Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama
03-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Well I found a nifty one by DStorm that works instantly and perfectly. Interested parties can find it at http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/ under the UV/Map link at the bottom. faulknermano's Plugin works as well, it's just not as fast. So it's up to one to make up their own mind. Thanks to those who responded.

- Ramen Sama

rabid pitbull
03-10-2003, 06:14 PM
nice plugs!! :)