PDA

View Full Version : Avi files imported into Pinnacle Liquid Edition has Alpha Map.

ley1
01-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Hi all. i have a problem with importing the video files created by lightwave into my Pinnacle Liquid Edition. I checked with pinnacle and they said i had to disable the alpha mapping in lightwave. but as to the best of my knowledge, i'm sure i rendered out a straight avi file. is there somewhere in lightwave where i could check to see if there are alpha information embedded into the avi file ? i am currently using lightwave 7.5C and a pinnacle Liquid Edition Editing System. The Rendered file properties are 720 X 576, 25 FPS, Uncompressed Avi. and whenever i import the files, it seems to breakup horizontally. i'm at my wits ends. in the scenes i use skytracer so when i import the files, only the objects are seen in Liquid Edition.

mattbolton
01-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Save your RGA out to TGA 24 bit. If you want the Alpha, then you would use 32 bit. Nearly everyone with ANY experience rendering out animations will tell you: "DON'T render to a movie file; render to an image sequence."

ley1
01-06-2004, 05:34 AM
I Haven't tried it yet but thanks for the speedy reply. i would have to say a very big oops.... eheheh will try it and see what happens. i rendered both avi and image sequence but forgot to load the img sequence... silly me... ehhehe.. again.. oops... :P thanks.. ehehehhe

ley1
01-06-2004, 06:31 AM
TQTQTQ.. it worked.. eheheh found the files and loaded them up in liquid... and no problems at all.. eheheh thanks..

Neuroup
01-06-2004, 07:21 AM
I have also a pinnacle card but i'm not using a pinnacle software to edit a video clips. I'm rendering every thing to targa 32 bit i'm joing every thing under adobre premier and in this program i'm editing everything. Any special FX i'm making under after effect. I'm using a pinnacle software only for recording avi to video tape.