PDA

View Full Version : The new sunlight hosek wilkie, Bad openGL visualisation

prometheus
06-25-2019, 08:09 AM
The new sunlight hosek wilkie Although yielding realistic lighting once using VPR, why is it that the openGL visualisation in shaded or texture mode yields mostly harsh white light and black shadows, itīs nothing near the decent opengl shading you get when using the Distant light, did I miss a setting somewhere or is it something that can be improved on in the future? it looks horrible and you have no real use of the openGL mode with the new sunlight added.

I could adjust it with temperature and max luminance to get it decent in openGL, but that would screw everything up for VPR and final renders ..so that is not the way to go.
Checked openGL options but nothing will change no matte what setting I use.

SaT
06-25-2019, 01:01 PM
I have the same problem. It is almost unusable during setup process. For OpenGL view I switch the light to "Distant Light" and only for VPR or final render back to the new sunlight.

prometheus
06-25-2019, 04:53 PM
I have the same problem. It is almost unusable during setup process. For OpenGL view I switch the light to "Distant Light" and only for VPR or final render back to the new sunlight.

Horrible to have it this way, hope they fix it.

Kryslin
06-25-2019, 05:51 PM
It's been reported. I've filed something on it 2-3 months ago.

*edit* It's still open, but it was assigned to the proper dev channel to be taken care of. (LWB-5056, dated 20 April 2019).

prometheus
06-25-2019, 06:06 PM
It's been reported. I've filed something on it 2-3 months ago.

*edit* It's still open, but it was assigned to the proper dev channel to be taken care of. (LWB-5056, dated 20 April 2019).

Thankīs for your service Kryslin:D