PDA

View Full Version : For live switching is there much of a learning curve when going from VT2 to VT3?

INOV8Pro
01-05-2004, 09:10 PM
For live switching is there much of a learning curve when going from the VT2 to the VT3?

Paul

ted
01-05-2004, 09:13 PM
While I don't do much live switching, there isn't much that's changed in the switcher. Shouldn't be a problem.
Just make sure you give yourself some time before your first live project.

PIZAZZ
01-06-2004, 04:35 PM
I find VT3 much more user friendly for our productions.

Especially now since there is a Cue In and Cue OUT on the DDR. Thanks Andrew and team!!!!! if only we had a next button.........

Paul Lara
01-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by PIZAZZ
if only we had a next button.........

:D LOL!

...the lobbying continues.

Thanks, Jef

Dan Hong
01-09-2004, 08:59 AM
You do have a next button...it's the C knob on the RS-8. Oops, did I say that out loud.

PIZAZZ
01-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Well sorta. actually no.

In case you missed the 500 other requests that I have been bugging Paul and Andrew with..... here is what I would really like.

The NEXT button chronicles........

1st --- Load a DDR with all your clips, video, audio, or images.
2nd --- Apply transitions between each clip
3rd --- Hit play on the DDR
4th --- As the video clip or audio clip progresses the end, instead of the clip having to go all the way to 5 or 1 second left as determined by the length of the following transition.
We would have a NEXT button that would force a transition into the next element in the DDR list.

Hince my quest for a true NEXT button.

I have been working on writing Toaster Script to implement this feature. The only catch I have is we have to stay with predetermined times on the transitions. I would like that adjustable depending if we want a really slow or a rather quick transition.

Currently we have to run our content in opposite DDRs in order to have the timing flexibility. I just would be tons simpler to do a playlist all in one DDR.

Dan, hit me an email on my regular address.