PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Configs.

JohnMarchant
05-27-2019, 06:11 AM
Wonder if anyone can help me.

Where does LW store its configs. I know the usual place in the .NewTek folder, however i uninstalled and deleted all files and folders and reinstalled LW, but it still sees the plugin configs from the previous installation. Is there somewhere else like ProgramFiles, Common or AppData where they are also stored.

Markc
05-27-2019, 06:32 AM
Best way is to point at specific configs, create a Preferences file within the LW installed folder (in applications/programs). If you check this folder after you close LW the configs should be there.

JohnMarchant
05-27-2019, 06:51 AM
Thats what i did, i always use custom configs and places. Im just wondering if LW when installing also puts copies somewhere else as backup. I notice now it keep backups called .Bak in the configs folder.

Just cant understand why if i have completely uninstalled LW and all of its stuff it still see what plugins and such i had before.

Markc
05-27-2019, 07:00 AM
Actually your right, I know when I install new LW versions, I copy my plugins from previous version and all my commercial plugins are activated.
So there is something somewhere on my system stored with my plugin license info.

Are you having trouble with a particular plugin?

JohnMarchant
05-27-2019, 08:14 AM
Oh no not plugin issues per say. I keep seeing multiple versions of the same plugin when i try to edit my menus. Ive checked and i dont have multiple versions of the same plugin. Ive cleaned the configs out, re run and re scanned my plugins and still the menu lists 2/3/4 or sometimes more versions of the same plugin.[

ATTACH=CONFIG]145081[/ATTACH]145082

Ma3rk
05-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Hey JohnMarchant,

Just curious why you aren't using the OD Tools since I know you have them, other than simply not knowing they exist?

OD_Configs
https://origamidigital.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=odtools:od_configs

OD_MODConfigs
https://origamidigital.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=odtools:od_modconfigs

JohnMarchant
05-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Hi, Yes i have them and do use them. This seems to be a thing when you first install, to be honest it almost feels like every time you do a rescan when you open the menu editor it is like its added another heading for the plugin. Ive checked all my third party plugins and there are no copies or double entries, it only seems to happen to some.

Its not a big deal at all and not a show stopper, i was more interested in an answer as to whether LW when installed puts any backups in the AppData, Common or some other directory that i am not aware of.

I have just restarted LW with totally clean configs and rescanned my third party plugins and now when i check my menu layouts they are there again. Im also wondering if its the plugin/script itself as it only happens too about 6 plugins and the same ones all the time.

EDIT, Well look what i found in a Temp Folder on C Drive, as you can see from my hub nothing is pointing there for configs and yet this file in the temp folder/lwhub was updated only yesterday.

Ma3rk
05-27-2019, 06:04 PM
EDIT, Well look what i found in a Temp Folder on C Drive, as you can see from my hub nothing is pointing there for configs and yet this file in the temp folder/lwhub was updated only yesterday.

Sneeky little sucker.

JohnMarchant
05-28-2019, 03:14 AM
I have no problem with it doing that i just want to know where it puts stuff in case i need to uninstall and clean out.