PDA

View Full Version : Material ID on RLA export doesn't work with relections turned on?

wacom
01-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Maybe it's just me but I'm having trouble getting material IDs to work in Fushion after I output to and RLA or RPF from LW. As soon as I render out with no ray trace reflections it works like a charm, but once I turn them back on- whamo! weird stuff starts to happen. I'm exporting with Texture UVs too by the way. For the current project it's kind of OK since I'm only using the floor of a room still for raytrace reflections and will be able to just mask out the rest and re-comp the parts with no raytraced reflections back over it. If I needed to do an animation though I'd be screwed.

I guess I could bake it all and then RE-render it all, but what a pain in the patootie!

Anyone of you find a solution to this? Again I can get everything to work fine when NOT using raytraced reflections, but once I do I'm screwed (No working Material IDs).

trick
01-05-2004, 02:18 PM
If you have any problems with the RPF/RLA exporters regarding LW-DF connectivity report them asap to the dev.team. Right now they are working on it, because there are more problems with it. This is the best chance to get a bugfree exporter for LW8 and hopefully one that can be used for 75 too !!