PDA

View Full Version : How does LW 8 upgrade work for us VT'ers?

Dave Davies
01-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the fix Paul.

Question - On all the blurbs about LW [8], I don't see an upgrade plan for those of us that have the Animator's package (ie: Lightwave as part of VT[3]).

Any idea what our cost will be? Should we be pre-ordering?

Thanks

Dave Davies

ley1
01-06-2004, 06:50 AM
I'm thinking of getting the VT3 real soon.. and i too was wondering about the upgradeability of the lightwave that comes bundled with it.. i've recently upgraded my lw5-6 with the lw7-5 with DFX+ bundle. and am waiting for 8 to launch..

Chrysolithos
01-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Well I upgraded from VT 1.0 to 3.0 and was VERY impressed with the new interface. but also the fact tht it comes with 7.5 and uses the VT board as a dongle, effectively giving me another seat of lw. (Not that it helps me any unless I clone myself :rolleyes: ) I also Upgraded my existing copy of LW to 8. Haven't heard on how this will intergrate with my VT3 but I'm not too worried at this point. I'm still greatfull to Newtek for not going down with the Comodore' s sunk ship.:D

Aegis
01-07-2004, 06:33 AM
The Amiga rat left Commodore's sinking ship - it's just taking a while to paddle to shore... :D

prospector
01-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I asked this on another thread.

I upgraded to LW 8 but I fergot that VT upgrade was only 100 more and came with 7.5 and if I returned the 6.5 to 7.5 and got the VT upgrade instead would I get a free upgrade to 8.

They said they were working on a path and had no answers yet.

Now I am afraid to open the LW upgrade as I might not be able to return opened software and change to the VT upgrade.