PDA

View Full Version : www.ultimatte.com software on VT ?

Blue Screens
01-05-2004, 10:12 AM
just a short question about a special blue screen software:

if our blue screen tests with beta cams / DV cams in february 04 on VT are not good enough for TV quality (the situation : just one or two or three persons closed to camera like a TV moderator, it is not a film situation like the children of dunes, it is much more closer to the camera.), would it be possible to integrate a blue screen software in aura or on the VT system ? Probaly yes or? And are you sure ? I heared that the software of www.ultimatte.com is a special keying software...?..Thanks for advice...

mgrusin
01-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Hi, I don't have any quick answers for you, but to clarify, do you need to do this in a live broadcast situation, or can you do it as a post-production (non-live) effect?

-MG.

prospector
01-05-2004, 10:40 AM
that's 1500 tho
Would rather see Newtek come up with a new solution.

But it does seem to work really good with ZBig (part of DFX but demo tho) as it takes out many shades of blue without the fringe that we currently get.
Don't know if the VT could go 1500 higher in price just for that feature.
But intigrated into Aura would be really nice so we don't have to buy other programs and cross back and forth between them, and Newtek gets all the money.

Dave Davies
01-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Are you using Ultimatte in post? I've been using it in AE with excellent success. I don't know any way to make it work live.

Blue Screens
01-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi and a good morning from Europe, thanks for all the replies. Thats nice. I and probably most/ all little university productions here would rather use it in post production. Live would require some special hardware...perhaps...but we don't need it live.

" I've been using Ultimatte it in AE with excellent success. "

Would you tell me please a little bit more about your circumstances for excellent succsess ? Beta cams or DV ? What means AE ? What project ? Film or TV ? Thanks....

" it does seem to work really good with ZBig (part of DFX but demo tho) as it takes out many shades of blue without the fringe that we currently get. " ZBig is part of Aura or a different software tool ? Sorry I am not too much informed. Perhaps I should google it. OK. I ll do that.
I just ask because I integrate some affordable hardware and software solutions/ propositions in my current university TV home work. The professor is not very up to date in production techniques...so our institue has been waiting for 6 years for a 500.000 euro solution. But we dont get it because the institute gets obvously only 250.000. He will be happy about the videotoaster prices...and I ll prefer it in my homeworks probably to avid media composer....so far.. I have to learn.. bye and thanks...

prospector
01-06-2004, 12:43 AM
ZBig is part of Aura or a different software tool ?

Part of the DFX freeby that ya get when upgrading LW now.

tmon
01-06-2004, 01:05 AM
What means AE ?

Dave is most probably referring to Adobe After Effects, which is a popular compositing/motion graphics software (not a live production software).

Radiowave
01-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Hi Guys,

I am a new VT3 and Digital Fusion 4 user and have found an amazing tool for "KEYING" especially for DV footage....and it comes with virtual sets as well. The Product is called ULTRA KEY from serious magic at:

www.seriousmagic.com

We almost bought Ultimatte Advantage at almost twice the price of ULTRA KEY...thank god we heard about it from Paul Laura.

It comes with many virtual sets with built in camera tracking that will match your footage with the environment and each virtual set has many different angles, frames...Wide, tight etc.... some even have moving platforms and desks. The sets even have secondary and additional monitors built into the scenes to place footage and other info for realisim.

I highly recommend this product since it up-converts 4:1:1 dv footage to supposedly 4:4:4 color space for the new "Vector" keying software to do its stuff... it's supposed to be quite revolutionary and singularly unique....and so far I believe the claim.

Hope this helps

Radiowave
[email protected]

Radiowave
01-06-2004, 06:52 AM
OOPS...

ULTRA KEY will also work live...I think...at least it has that function in the input aside from just using a file like most programs.

I just have not had time to play with that aspect of the program yet.

Later,

Radiowave
[email protected]

Dave Davies
01-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Blue Screens,

AE is Adobe After Effects. I use it to key my scenes (with Ultimatte), on analog video footage - SVHS mostly, but everything else at sometime or other.

I started off using Bob Tasa's AE/RTV linker. I hear it now works with the AVI wrapper, but I haven't tried it - Bob's product just works so well! I should try the wrapper - it'll save a step.

DV does work sometimes, but only under IDEAL conditions. I avoid it for keying work.

All my projects have been for video, not film (yet).

The Ultimatte plugin allows me to make much better keys than anything else I've found - even fine blonde hair against a super detailed background

Blue Screens
01-07-2004, 02:55 PM
well, good evening from Europe. I am higly buisy with statistics learning, theater history and the TV production informations for my professor. I have finished some infos, which he will get tomorrow. Thanks for contributing informations and links in a free and in a very qualified way. Thanks a lot.

Well last time we produced the first version of my new Tv concept with sony pd 150... / 3 chip cams. Well perhaps I can correct the spills or the artefacte on the shoulders via ultimatte or seriousmagic in combination with AP ( Adobe premiere) or AE ( Avid Express DV ). But I have dangerous uni tests in february so that I will start to cut in the end of february. And we will test the toaster in february or march, I hope I will convince mr. prof. tomorrow. thanks for the support here. And Can I see some of the ultimatte blue screen results ? This software is expensive ! For private or commercial use ?... thanks for advice and pics. BYE

stargatesg1
01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi there. I don't know if you have seen this or not.. Im thinking of getting this Next week. But its a product called Chromatte. It also comes in a popup 7ft by 7ft kit named Chromaflex.

Do a google search you will find lots on it..
In the US its sold by a few companies Bogan photo is one of them. Its made by a company named Reflecmedia.

This looks good fast and was made in cooperation with the BBC's
R&D department.

http://www.bogenimaging.us/product/index_ext.php3?external_link=www.reflecmedia.com
Hope this helps.

It works using a blue or green LED ring that mounts to your camera lens. This uses a fabric that acts like millions of Cats eyes. Its Retroreflective letting light bounce directly back to source. This minimized fringing (blue/green spill) so that you get a good key each time and with minimal work.. No lighing of the background is needed just light your subject. Good luck
This should work very well live with VT3.. Ill let you know next week after I order it.

Chris Adams
[email protected]
[email protected]