PDA

View Full Version : DV View plugin 7.5b - problem?

IversonDesign
03-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Greeting, I just tried the new DV VIEW plugin and it does not seem to work. I installed the 7.5b update, updated the plugins, selected the DVView plugin from the render options panel and tried F9. I get a rendered image with a different dialog box with a few selections, but seemingly no output fed to my DV deck via firewire? I have a DVCPro deck connected to my G4 and an ntsc monitor to check output. Any ideas why this isn't functioning? Thank you, Michael Iverson

Dany
03-09-2003, 03:15 AM
Not working here too.

I tried the new DV View.
After render (F9) with Render Display (Render Setting) set to DVVIEW instead of Image Viewer.
After the render I Get a "Render" window, with the render image list and Options.
Another Window (The DVOut?) opens if one clicks on the image in the list.
On my connected Sony TRV-900 Mini-DV camera (PAL) all what I see is a scrambeled display.

It is strange that there is no PAL<-> NTSC setting under the options!
or, is DVVIEW a NTSC only plugin?:confused:

lord
03-09-2003, 06:44 PM
NTSC - no PAL, wouldn't suprise me, being the cynic that I am. After all the World is a North American Microsoft Windows operating system isn't it?

Well if it isn't then we'll just keep beating it with our superior military might until it is.

adamnewc
03-11-2003, 12:50 AM
I agree that this is an NTSC only plug-in. I can get a render to my output monitor via a JVC deck but it is in B&W with black chunks all over the screen.
Obviously no-one in the southern hemisphere uses lightwave

lord
03-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Damn I didn't realise that, perhaps I shouldn't be using lightwave then? Any suggestions as to an alternative Southern Hemisphere compliant 3D animation app?

and I was just getting to like Lightwave too...

Of course I could move to the States..

Arnie Cachelin
03-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Firewire cards/drivers tell the application whether it is PAL or NTSC, so there is no option available to the user to set that (except on the firewire device, maybe). On windows, the firewire system, and thus DVView, will be extremely sensitive to things like the driver and directX versions. As experienced windows users will tell you, upgrading something like directX is often necessary and usually dangerous. On the mac, DVView relies on quicktime, which seems more benign for updating.

Dany
03-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Arnie,

Sorry to disappoint you:
1) It is the "Mac" Forum here!
2) On the Mac, no one needs "Firewire cards/drivers". It is built into every Mac since a while now.
3) On the Mac, you can have NTSC and/or PAL output. All you have to do is tell the Application what you want. i.e. Look at Final Cut pro, Adobe After Effects, Commotion ... Therefore, the missing setting is "Wrong"
4) I fail to see the relevancy of what Windows users saying "As experienced windows users will tell you,", I thought we are talking Mac here.
Was I wrong?

5) The world is more than US NTSC, you wont believe it, but Europe still exists, at least last time I looked out of the window, it was still there :)

noiseboy
03-11-2003, 02:01 PM
perhaps Newtek need to post instructions on how to deal with this viewer. I would find it useful, but like others have failed to get anything but black areas and what looks like some fields rendered. But then I'm using a PAL output device so who knows what I should be seeing.

lord
03-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Perhaps we should all upgrade to Windows NTSC? ;)

Miles
03-12-2003, 12:44 PM
lord, I thought I'd touch base with you here, since I was already in this forum rather than the General Support area where you asked about the DVView use on my Q? in that area.

I did not get to check the MAC side of the new DVView plug-in since I spotted all the issues going on with the .b MAC update being noted here and decided it would be best not to mess with the 7.5 install until things are sorted out. I know that doesn't help answer if your DVView issue is a strictly MAC or PAL problem yet, but once a good working version of the MAC update is available I'll check it out for you from an OSX NTSC set up here. That should at least help indicate if it's just a PAL problem.

I do seem to recall a MAC LW and QT issue going on with 25fps animations and am wondering since the DVView plug-in on the MAC is dependant on QT functionality if the two might be related? Maybe not, it's just a thought.