PDA

View Full Version : I'm very excited about VizRT

Curly_01
05-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Hi,

Everyone on the forum is talking about Redshift etc... If you look what these guys are doing -> virtual set building -> Avatar : ) :) -> Set extensions ->the industry is going this way. -> Integration in game engines -> I'm very excited about what is coming next.
It would be nice if they could re release their video editor again -> Newtek Speededit. I would also like to see Fusion compositing integration or if VizRT would develop their own realtime compositor integrated in Lightwave.

My humble opinion is that they made a huge step forward with this integration and I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery excited to see what's coming next.

Comments?

hrgiger
05-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Well there's no question that VizRT and Newtek are a good match for each other. The question really is if it means anything at all for LightWave specifically. It hasn't really been mentioned at all during this acquisition other than when Andrew Cross was asked specifically about it directly in an interview and he gave a very diplomatic answer you would expect to hear. It really could go either way.

ianr
05-05-2019, 07:56 AM
Well there's no question that VizRT and Newtek are a good match for each other. The question really is if it means anything at all for LightWave specifically. It hasn't really been mentioned at all during this acquisition other than when Andrew Cross was asked specifically about it directly in an interview and he gave a very diplomatic answer you would expect to hear. It really could go either way.

We have had nothing it seems for nuts & bolts Lightwave direction.

It seems that probably Kelly Myers didn't get his Dr.Cross LW interview at NAB

which he really wanted to do. Jasha (Turbulence) is terrible at informing us what

he is doing also,and he has had a lot of seats from Wavers. No Comms anywhere

is so yesterday & hackneyed. But Virtz bought the whole pie & we are a just a portion

erikals
05-05-2019, 02:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4UKo6V4.gif

Gungho3D
05-05-2019, 07:25 PM
we have had nothing it seems for nuts & bolts lightwave direction ...

... But virtz bought the whole pie & we are a just a portion

144903 :)

gar26lw
05-05-2019, 10:55 PM
50:50.. give it a couple of months.

Wilfrick
05-06-2019, 12:58 AM
A big company buy another company and talk about all what it buys but not about one product.
To me the fate of this product is very clear, despite the couple of "politically correct" posts that were made after the continuous and desperate requests of the users.

erikals
05-06-2019, 01:52 AM
LightWave was Jim's puppy, and almost ended after CORE (quoting Powers)

https://i.imgur.com/LKS0eqL.png

i hope LightWave goes "somewhere" but we could speculate on where Vizrt will take it for years

and if Vizrt doesn't like where it LightWave is heading, LightWave can always be sold/bought.

LightWave's path is rocky, always has been, and always will be.

blackmondy
05-06-2019, 08:24 AM
Hi,

My humble opinion is that they made a huge step forward with this integration and I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery excited to see what's coming next.

Comments?

Having worked in Vizrt before, I dare say they will kill off any product anytime immediately if it isn't financially feasible.

erikals
05-06-2019, 07:26 PM
they will kill off any product anytime immediately if it isn't financially feasible.
but who wouldn't ?

sure, there are chiefs that keeps a process around for other purposes, but that is hardly the norm.

TheLexx
05-07-2019, 02:05 AM
Having worked in Vizrt before, I dare say they will kill off any product anytime immediately if it isn't financially feasible.
Then LW could end up as the freebie which comes with every Tricaster for about $20,000 :D, otherwise it would presumably still have a sale price anyway.....but this is very much a "glass half full" situation, where doom and gloom is there if one wants it, also with enough reasons to be very optimistic too. :)

hrgiger
05-07-2019, 06:46 AM
but who wouldn't ?

Newtek?

kopperdrake
05-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Then LW could end up as the freebie which comes with every Tricaster for about $20,000

Which is kind of where it came from, ironically :D

TheLexx
05-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Touche Sir :)

erikals
05-08-2019, 04:04 PM
they will kill off any product anytime immediately if it isn't financially feasible.

but who wouldn't ?

Newtek?

yes, anyone with an unconditional love for a product.

https://i.imgur.com/25OA5ol.png