PDA

View Full Version : Biped Rig

hypersuperduper
04-27-2019, 06:22 PM
Hi All. I wanted to share this Biped rig I put together.

The Idea was to make a completely reusable rig. The idea is sort of similar to the rhiggit rigs in that you do the setup entirely in Layout, but it doesn't use any scripts so it is potentially easier for dullards like myself to expand upon. The idea is pretty simple in theory, There is a setup rig that lets you fit the rig to your character, and the setup rig can be turned off when you want to animate (or deleted if you want better performance and don't plan on changing anything). The setup rig features optional symmetry, so you only need to setup the right side of characters that are symmetrical. The rig itself has the normal bells and whistles, IKFK blending, a foot roll setup etc, I haven't really put the rig through its paces, so it may have some issues, but I felt it was worth sharing anyways.

I dont think it will work properly in lw 2015 or earlier. I use a number of nodes that didn't appear until lw 2018, and it might not be entirely motion mixer compatible in versions older that lw2019.

Anyways, you are all welcome to use this rig for whatever, or improve it.

https://youtu.be/LgyNbR4rc4c

wingzeta
04-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Very nice! I definitely could have used this a few times in the past. Next time I animate a character I'll give it a try.

lardbros
04-28-2019, 01:14 AM
This is seriously neat!! Brilliant piece of work, and looks like it works really nicely too! Thanks for sharing.

JohnMarchant
04-28-2019, 03:10 AM
Thanks mate.