PDA

View Full Version : Many things to do at the same time

eBrito
01-05-2004, 02:55 AM
Well guys... what i need in my live production:

1- Streaming to live webcasting and record the "wmf" file in my hard disk
2- Use animated lowerthirds with alpha channels in one DDR/DSK
3- Play animated graphics (DDR) and and mix it (using "T" bar and fade) with my cams (like oppenings, commercials, etc)
4- Record my Program Out in my hard disk
Note: Our live production is a 3 hour program

Well...
What i have

- Dual Pentium 2.4
- 1Gb RamBus
- 80Gb IDE Hard Drive
- 140 Gb SCSI Array
- VT[3] and SX-8

Now... the question:

Is that possible?

What about performance? This machine can do everything i need at same time?
Maybe yes if i try ot keep the files (oppening and lower thirds) in my IDE disk and record the program out, off corse, in my SCSI array.

Well... but i'll use te same IDE disk to record the "WMF" file from Windows media.

Other thing: i need to found the best format to record onto my SCSI disks because i know DV is compressed and it takes power from processors but, i'm talking about 3 hours of live production and just 140Gb of space.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot

Paul Lara
01-05-2004, 06:05 AM
My advice would be to set up a second VT machine to just handle the live streaming + recording of wmf file.

You'll also want two striped arrays in your primary system; one to play back DDR's and the other to record your Program out.

eBrito
01-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
My advice would be to set up a second VT machine to just handle the live streaming + recording of wmf file.
You'll also want two striped arrays in your primary system; one to play back DDR's and the other to record your Program out.
Thanks Paul;
For the live streaming + record file i can setup a computer with an "osprey card" (View Cast Web Site (http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey/osprey210.html) ), it works very well and is a cheap solution (about $300 for the card and i have the computer)

About the second array... i think it's expensive for this moment... what about one more IDE hard disk (7200RPM) in my sistem and play DV files? DV files work well on IDE 7200.
Well, just an idea. What do you think?