PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of a Unreal Engine VPR preview in Layout?

robertoortiz
04-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,
I was thinking, would it be beneficial to have an Unreal Engine VPR like preview in Layout?

What would be the disadvantages of this? (besides the licensing fees?)

I am looking forward to your comments.

-R

Ryan Roye
04-11-2019, 11:09 AM
The main disadvantage I could think of is keeping the software compatible. It is hard enough keeping a bridge program working with Unreal due to its ridiculously rapid update cycles, but making a built-in solution would be even harder to do.

raymondtrace
04-11-2019, 01:34 PM
I'm pretending this already exists with the Unreal bridge acting as a LW-detached viewport.

TheLexx
04-11-2019, 04:08 PM
As I interpret it, the way there is excitement about Eevee in Blender, the LW/Unreal combo is more or less the same thing.

gar26lw
04-11-2019, 07:00 PM
id like the original renderer in there with pbr

Photogram
04-11-2019, 10:10 PM
If the Unreal VPR is always tied to the current unreal version it can be very interesting especially for developping content.

With the new version that is begining supporting RTX it can be very interesting to get that RTX support directly in LW!!!

Another idea that come to my mind is a vpr that show in realtime the unreal viewport live in Lightwave ;)

Asticles
04-12-2019, 01:16 AM
Also in modeler.

vncnt
04-12-2019, 04:45 AM
Hey guys,
I was thinking, would it be beneficial to have an Unreal Engine VPR like preview in Layout?

What would be the disadvantages of this? (besides the licensing fees?)

I am looking forward to your comments.

-R

Too expensive for non-Unreal LW users.
Better focus on streamlined keyframe handling tools in Layout.

gar26lw
04-12-2019, 04:50 AM
Too expensive for non-Unreal LW users.
Better focus on streamlined keyframe handling tools in Layout.

actually, yes and add the old renderer :)

3dhotshot
04-17-2019, 01:57 AM
What you need is to find a way to make 2 windows active as Microsoft has refused to allow windows to have more than one active window if you need another window with a render preview updating constantly while you make changes on your layout scene or modelling viewport .... or just work with a software that a more real-time feed back in one window. But now nowdays we have 32 core systems and multiple gpus so why does windows only allow for one active window at a time !!! biggest scam in tech history