PDA

View Full Version : Viz Artist

gdkeast
04-05-2019, 08:55 PM
I couldn't help myself and already downloaded Viz Artist to see what it is all about. First impression is that it is fairly sophisticated program and I'm guessing a bit of a steep learning curve. It appears to be for creating real-time motion graphics and animations, but I have only scratched the surface of it. I am not sure how much overlap there would be between it and LW but there may be some. Just on an interface level though, I don't really see it. I couldn't help but smile when I saw VA's Hub pop up!

I notice in the Third Party Applications and Files, Viz Artist lists compatibility with:

Adobe After Effects

CINEMA 4D

FBX Files

TriCaster

Ncam AR Plug-in for Unreal Editor 4

I am hoping, imagining, praying that LightWave remains standalone but is added to the list. I realize it is way too soon to tell much, but I can't seem to stop myself from speculating. Perhaps LW will be for more detailed modeling and animation work, and VA as a more universal platform allowing interoperability with other programs as well as having its own capabilities and effects that can be generated relatively quickly. It's definitely a sophisticated program with a lot to learn.

JamesCurtis
04-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Cool! Will check it out too.

erikals
04-06-2019, 04:08 AM
Ncam AR Plug-in for Unreal Editor 4

yes, looks like there is some Unreal support there...

https://docs.vizrt.com/viz-artist-guide/3.9.0/Ncam_AR_Plugin_for_Unreal_Editor_4.html