PDA

View Full Version : Possible Security Problem with the forums....according to Firefox

Qexit
04-04-2019, 02:51 AM
Just tried to get to the forums in Firefox and got this warning message:

'Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to forums.newtek.com. The web site is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the web site’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 04/04/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh forums.newtek.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the web site is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the web site’s administrator about the problem.

Learn more…'

As I trust the forums, I overrode the message but it probably needs looking into :D Anyone else hit the same problem ?

vncnt
04-04-2019, 03:10 AM
Yep. Me too!

BeeVee
04-04-2019, 03:13 AM
I think everyone will be facing the same today (I certainly did). NewTek's security certificate has expired and will be replaced today, I'm sure.

B

Qexit
04-04-2019, 04:03 AM
I think everyone will be facing the same today (I certainly did). NewTek's security certificate has expired and will be replaced today, I'm sure.

BSounds good Ben, thanks for the reassurance :)

BeeVee
04-04-2019, 04:59 AM
...and the certificates have been renewed :)

B