PDA

View Full Version : Faulknermano's Tutorial LScript for Dumbos

trig
01-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Hello Faulknermano!
I downloaded your tutorial "LScript for Dumbos" and I'm following the modeling section and trying the examples and my own.

In your tutorial you mention that

Furthermore, editbegin() is a command that returns (or gives out) a value. This value is the number of points that is currently selected.

I was trying out some of the example scripts and got weird results. After further investigation I discovered that editbegin() returns the number of points in the current selected layer.

You might want to clear that up. BTW, I'm using LW7.5 (on a mac).
Now I'm trying to figure out how to extract the selected points and place them into an array.

wiffzack
01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Yes, set the selmode first. Default is GLOBAL.
To get the selection from the user change the selmode:

selmode(USER);

pc= editbegin();

trig
01-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Cool thanks.

I've been finding some solutions on some LScripts but without explanations. The LScript reference and User.pdf really needs help.

faulknermano
01-06-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by trig
Hello Faulknermano!
I downloaded your tutorial "LScript for Dumbos" and I'm following the modeling section and trying the examples and my own.

In your tutorial you mention that

I was trying out some of the example scripts and got weird results. After further investigation I discovered that editbegin() returns the number of points in the current selected layer.

You might want to clear that up. BTW, I'm using LW7.5 (on a mac).
Now I'm trying to figure out how to extract the selected points and place them into an array.

thanks for the heads up (although i am not sure when i can revise that tut). there are a couple of other mistakes there as well (wrote it about a year or so ago). try to spot them! :D