PDA

View Full Version : Neon effect on edges

Andy Webb
03-27-2019, 05:11 AM
I'm rendering a car and have Silhouette edges on but I need to give the edges a neon effect?

Anyone have any quick simple solutions?

I'm using the glow image filter at the moment but that is too general in its effect.

Cheers

Ztreem
03-27-2019, 08:24 AM
I would render the silhouette as a separate pass and comp it with AE, Fusion or similar. Then add glow, color and stuff in post, much easier to tweak.

Andy Webb
03-27-2019, 08:30 AM
I would render the silhouette as a separate pass and comp it with AE, Fusion or similar. Then add glow, color and stuff in post, much easier to tweak.

I expect your right...

MonroePoteet
03-27-2019, 08:43 AM
What version of LW? If you're using LW2018 or another version which has nodal access to the Edge parameters, you may be able to get acceptable results using a Gradient on Incidence angle to control the color, opacity (taper), etc. and either the Bloom or Corona Image Filters. For example:

with the node & Bloom setup:

mTp

Andy Webb
03-27-2019, 09:05 AM
What version of LW? If you're using LW2018 or another version which has nodal access to the Edge parameters, you may be able to get acceptable results using a Gradient on Incidence angle to control the color, opacity (taper), etc. and either the Bloom or Corona Image Filters. For example:

with the node & Bloom setup:

mTp

Thanks for that, it was just what I was looking for, it's just for a visual so I needed nothing more. Cheers