PDA

View Full Version : Youtube seaching filters-Date uploaded a mess again.

prometheus
03-18-2019, 12:27 PM
I Just donīt get it, these two latest days Ivé been searching various vids on youtube and then filter to sort with uploaded date.
The result is a horrible mix of vids uploaded several years ago,and months ago and hardly any vid att all from last days sorted in a random order and not by latest uploaded vids as usual.
Anyone of you guys who knows if this may be a personal setting or something gone haywire on youtube in general?

prometheus
03-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Anyone else getting annoyed by this?

I tried it at work as well, so it isnīt related to my computer or when I am logged in to a youtube account.
itīs not only filter by /sorting by/upload date...
I tried sort by day, hour etc..it yields the same result back..various mix of uploaded vids years ago, or many months ago..but none from the last days, hours or latest upploaded vids

I have sent support feedback through my account, so will see.

RebelHill
03-22-2019, 07:36 AM
Its the New Zealand shooting. YT was getting more reuploads of the shooters video than they could handle and the way folk were finding it most easily was by filtering their search results to recent uploads... YT disabled the ability to filter on such criteria for a while. They'll reinstate it at some point.

prometheus
03-22-2019, 09:33 AM
ohh.
thanks RebelHill.

prometheus
03-31-2019, 09:15 AM
Its the New Zealand shooting. YT was getting more reuploads of the shooters video than they could handle and the way folk were finding it most easily was by filtering their search results to recent uploads... YT disabled the ability to filter on such criteria for a while. They'll reinstate it at some point.

As you promised:D

The filters are now working as they once did, by yielding results back for latest uploaded vids, though the filtering system isnīt fully perfect.
If I search lightwave, without filtering..I get a result including my latest uploaded cloud anim..6 days ago, once I filter it by upload date it is not even in the list, a bit weird since I tag them as I usually do.
Suspecting it may have to do with them fixing the filters After I uploaded my vid.