PDA

View Full Version : REMEMBER..to secure your Google plus photos/content..it will be deleted April 2

prometheus
03-11-2019, 01:30 PM
No it isnīt a joke, that is probably why they set the date to april the 2nd.

What a mess, and it was probably a joke though when google plus took over picasaweb for instance.

So make sure to save your stuff you had oploaded if you need them, any post to google plus will be deleted and all your content, links to other interesting albums will be gone.

Save your stuff, and re-upload to another service, a bit of a job to do unfortunately.

And here is where we could use some input on where to place it next, if there is something like a long time stability accountable service for sharing albums.

50one
03-11-2019, 02:46 PM
What's google plus?

art
03-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Just to clarify based on what I've read: google photos (and albums stored there) does not go away, only google+ content (and albums).
I keep offline copies of all my photos anyway. For the time being I don't trust any online service enough to keep my my photos there without a backup.

Edit:
I use google photos to share albums to an older android tablet at home, which acts as a digital photo frame. It would probably be collecting dust otherwise...

prometheus
03-12-2019, 12:01 PM
What's google plus?

https://plus.google.com/photos/100944643113557837045/albums/5978023753291712209

prometheus
03-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Just to clarify based on what I've read: google photos (and albums stored there) does not go away, only google+ content (and albums).
I keep offline copies of all my photos anyway. For the time being I don't trust any online service enough to keep my my photos there without a backup.

Edit:
I use google photos to share albums to an older android tablet at home, which acts as a digital photo frame. It would probably be collecting dust otherwise...

Just as long as One is aware that it will be deleted, then ok, you can save to a local drive..on the other hand, you probably have it stacked away.
The problem is if you search for google photos containing a certain topic, you will not be able to search and find that anymore from anyone that uploaded a certain album, shared links and shared posts will be gone, just as my link to some stuff will be gone within some months.

Other photo sharing services will be needed, but a lot will be forever lost ..if searching since some may not bother re-upload their stuff again.