PDA

View Full Version : No instructions on Content folder.

SarahA.
03-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone!

I upgraded to LightWave 3D 2019 and have downloaded the content folder as well. The only problem is I'm looking all over and can't find any reference at all on how to install it. I know I downloaded and installed it on the previous version and I'd appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction.

Ma3rk
03-09-2019, 08:36 AM
The Content folder can actually go anywhere. I put it under the main Newtek folder mostly for convenience. Just remember to point to that folder in the Options panel.

The 3rd party plug-ins & scripts as well as any Preset folders can also go anywhere as well, but probably best to NOT be under the current build but simply under Newtek as well. That way when a new version is released, you won't need to recreate all of those.

SarahA.
03-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Thanks Ma3rk! I really appreciate the tip and that's a really good idea. I'm just hoping they may have upgrades in store for Nevron Motion and Chronosculpt.

Ma3rk
03-09-2019, 11:13 PM
Thanks Ma3rk! I really appreciate the tip and that's a really good idea. I'm just hoping they may have upgrades in store for Nevron Motion and Chronosculpt.

Oh probably, eventually. Haven't tried Neveron as I don't have the hardware even though I won a license some time back. Chronosculpt I'll have to check out as, even though it's sort of a red-headed stepchild, it's useful for what it does.