PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Info Panel fixed width

tonygardner
03-08-2019, 01:26 AM
Is there a reason the Info Panel has a fixed width? I can drag it out to be taller or shorter but not wider. Some of my surface names are long enough that they extend beyond the bounds of the window, this is becoming quite annoying. Most other Modeler windows are fully adjustable so why not this one?

gar26lw
03-08-2019, 02:18 AM
good point, needs added as a request/ bug depending on your perspective :)

sadkkf
03-08-2019, 07:03 AM
I'm hoping they address this in an upcoming releases. Too many dialogs have indecipherable abbreviations and need reorganization, IMO.

tonygardner
03-08-2019, 09:26 AM
I got a response from support...

" This is a feature request - and it's been made many times.

We're aware - but there are things in the way for this - it's not "just that easy"

We have it on a list to address when things make it possible.

Thank you for your report.
--
LightWave 3D Group Support"

Not very helpful but what was I expecting after all it's a Modeler function and we all know how much love Modeler gets around LightWave HQ ;)

MarcusM
03-08-2019, 09:59 AM
In subject of UI I hope soon Modeler and Layout main tabs will have option to scroll between with mouse scroll like in Surface Panel or in Render Properties (Possible from LW ver. 2018).

VirtualFM
03-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Right... And that Info Panel also really needs some "Find/Search" filter. I would like to find a specific Weight map and change the values~there, for example.

Also, I use a monitor with a wide resolution of 3440, and I always wonder how I can only see the first 3 letters on the tabs of the Object Properties. And those can't even be scrolled like the Render Properties panel.

gar26lw
03-11-2019, 10:17 PM
https://youtu.be/rblt2EtFfC4

Chris S. (Fez)
03-12-2019, 01:06 AM
4k scaling in LW 2019 is a billion times better than Modo and massively less glitchy than Max. 2019 is a great start to gutting legacy code and making the interface more flexible. But, yes, hopefully this will be addressed in some way that makes LW panels more universally flexible.