PDA

View Full Version : LW-UE Studio 4.21 Plugin crash

adk
03-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Hi folks,

Yesterday I ran the UE plugin all day and it worked flawlessly exchanging things back and forth between LW 2019.0.2 and UE Studio 4.21.
Today I keep getting this when I try to open any of the stuff I worked on yesterday ?

Frustrating would be an understatement.
Anyone else come across this issue perhaps ?

I've even tried it with a very simple LW scene and I get the same thing ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

gar26lw
03-08-2019, 01:02 AM
if you use source control there could be an issue there.

I would try a new project and see if it boots up with no issues. i have had this issue on startup before and it wasnít related to the lw plugin in that particular case but i canít remember what it was. i think it was due to file associations being out of whack, which occurs if files are moved or deleted. you must rmb click in the content folder and choose clean up redirectors.

adk
03-08-2019, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the quick reply gar26lw, much appreciated.

If I remove the LightWaveBridge plugin from the Epic folder any new/old project is perfectly fine minus the LW plugin instancing efforts. Rest of the stuff seems to be intact.
I don't do any source control - maybe I should?

When I add LightWaveBridge, I get the standard UE new plugin detected, enable and restart.
Once I do that I constantly get that error.

This is even with a new blank UE project.

Weird cause it worked flawlessly on first install yesterday - mind you I didn't restart the machine.
Now I just can't seem to get it going at all.

gar26lw
03-08-2019, 02:08 AM
if you use source control you could roll back to a known working version and then increment forward to debug the issue. i use svn with unreal which is working well. just watch the redirect files.

try using the older unrel bridge and see how that one goes. id imagine you can use the 2018 version with lw 2019.

if you are not in a large team, perforce would be an option, since it’s free. if larger you have to lay, i think over 5 users?
i use tortoise svn with unreal but that’s to do stuff via explorer which you won’t need to do.
i prefer perforce in general, esp with unity.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Basics/SourceControl

there are plenty tutorials to guide setup of these on google..

adk
03-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all that info gar26lw. I will definitely look into perforce as I'm only a team of one and have noticed that UE projects are quite a difficult thing to trouble shoot.
Luckily I'm early enough on in my work that I can rebuild this project from scratch, with perforce this time.
ON a positive note, the LW-UE bridge was a joy to work with the other day.
Way better than my experience with DataSmith plugins from a few other vendors and a real time and life saver for what I'm attempting.

Wish this project wasn't so sensitive as I'd post some results and experiences here.
If it gets the all clear I will follow it up here as it's quite the workflow between GIS, CityEngine, Lightwave and UE.