PDA

View Full Version : New 3D-Coat sculpting tutorial

Philbert
03-06-2019, 05:48 PM
I've realized that many new 3D-Coat users don't understand the workflow for sculpting in the program, so I made a video. I go from start to finish, sculpting on a sphere, adding retopology, making the UV map, then baking and painting the final model. I don't do every detail but I touch on some of the tools I use most often. I also mention an app for viewing reference images that I really like called PureRef.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KpDE7jl_P8

Ma3rk
03-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Hey Phil,

I've had 3DC for some time, but if you get away from it for awhile, I at least often have to relearn the basics. Your tut's a good overview but also as a refresher in that regard. I'd hate to have to weed through all of the normal tuts just for that & the online docs are ... better left unmentioned. I've mostly used 3DC for specific tasks out of LW, but want to take it further using the sculpt tools.

Nice little find with the PureRef tool. Snagged it this evening. Been looking for something like that for awhile & a lot cleaner than trying to use ACDSee, etc. certainly.

Congrats also on the moderator slot. Nice to have an LWer point of view in the mix.

Philbert
03-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Thanks, and yeah I used to use IrfanView for reference but this is great that you can have all of your images loaded at once. I've actually been a mod there for quite some times, 4 or 5 years I think.