PDA

View Full Version : Rman nodes world coordinates issues and Rman textures node layer issues in 2019

prometheus
03-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Well..dpont updated his rman collection so that the rman nodes now work with 2019, they wasnīt updated for 2018.
Seem to work decently, but I noticed one possible bug or issue, using volumetrics for clouds ..what else:D
when I check the textures world deformed coords, and use a null reference and then move the null reference...it will not change the texture in anyway, all the native node textures work but not these ones, I may need to
notify Dpont if anyone can check this?

And ....In 2018 you could use the color or scale node layers and add rman textures as a workaround for the lack of Rman node textures in node editor that worked, but suddenly I can not get those to work...when I plug
a color layer or a scalar layer..with rman textures in the layers in to the new volumetrics texture input, they do not affect the volume at all, itīs just round, if I change that color/scalar layer to a standard lightave texture, then it works.

so what used to work in 2018 and what was lacking in 2018, now doesnīt work in 2019 and also is not lacking in 2019..go figure.:screwy:

Note..just noticed that the rman textures doesnīt work with the new procedural node..weird, I though I checked that before and that it did work...may have to reboot.

dpont
03-05-2019, 01:33 AM
The issue with Null Reference in World Coordinates wasn't specific to 2018-19 version,
this has been fixed.

RmanCollect textures are working here in all contexts of LW 2018-2019,
Texture Layer, native Node Layer, DP Kit Layer+ and new Node Procedural,
as classic Texture Layer they have not to be modified or updated,
but the hosting plugin has to handle them properly.
So they haven't been updated, except recent new texture additions,
in this case RmanCollect plugin must be remove and re-added.

May be not related to your report, but a few things must sometimes be verified,
a color layer texture depends of selected BG and FG color,
grey on grey is always grey, also in specific context, some other parameters
should be tweaked to revealed the texture or scale or size of the
procedural should be adjusted.

Denis.

prometheus
03-05-2019, 01:41 AM
The issue with Null Reference in World Coordinates wasn't specific to 2018-19 version,
this has been fixed.

RmanCollect textures are working here in all contexts of LW 2018-2019,
Texture Layer, native Node Layer, DP Kit Layer+ and new Node Procedural,
as classic Texture Layer they have not to be modified or updated,
but the hosting plugin has to handle them properly.
So they haven't been updated, except recent new texture additions,
in this case RmanCollect plugin must be remove and re-added.

May be not related to your report, but a few things must sometimes be verified,
a color layer texture depends of selected BG and FG color,
grey on grey is always grey, also in specific context, some other parameters
should be tweaked to revealed the texture or scale or size of the
procedural should be adjusted.

Denis.
Guess I will have to reinstall, noticed you updated the nodes after I had downloaded them the first time around.
Iīll get back on this once I am at home.
Thankīs Denis.

RebelHill
03-05-2019, 08:12 AM
using volumetrics for clouds ..what else :D

Thats our Prom.

prometheus
03-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Thats our Prom.

And nebulas.
Havenīt re-installed the dpont Rman textures yet, will have to wait till tomorrow or so, I just caught up with the gas solver, and i needed to test saving out the gas solver to vdb and load back in as nebula or cloud stuff, and I can only save out for 3 days more, so there are some things I need to try with the gas solver in a hurry.

But initial impressions of the gas solver is interesting, a bit slow to simulate..so probably One would do best in saving out static or a sequence vdb..for faster rendering.
For static cloud I am using the vdb saver and saving out desired frame..I need to tame the motion of the gas solver in a hurry though..to get some idea of what it may be capable of for clouds and nebulas, I think I can see the possibilities of creating really nice pillars of long dust shooting gases in the nebula...which would be very hard to do with just old hypervoxels, or by just using the new volumetrics and procedural textures only.

Before I knew about the newly implemented gas solver in Lightwave, I would go with a blender simulation and try that for vdb import to lightwave, or just render it out in blender.
So the gas solver is interesting indeed.

For the VDB rendering..I do miss the newly implemented shadow self intensity that exist for primitive volumetrics, it make a lot of difference for clouds.

prometheus
03-05-2019, 01:15 PM
In fact after initial testing of loading gas solver saved sim parts, and cloning it and moving it for cloud creation, it seems so smooth now that I may re-consider and invest again with an upgrade...at least this is really promising for me, as long
as I do not encounter too many crashes with it.

Still have alot of other stuff to test.

prometheus
03-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Uhh...this wasnīt nice, I added the new rman node collection (the new one that contains gabor noise and simplex noise)
loaded my older cloud scenes, and the rman nodes are gone and so are my cloud noise :(.

Opened the editor and though ..o well, maybe I have to manually re-assign it,(not nice since I got some nice clouds in those scenes that is almost impossible to retweak.)
but the nodesīs arenīt working, they are not applyable, just as your nodes was when 2018 came out, so what gives?

lw 2019 windows, rman nodes (LW9 Win64) Nodes RmanNodeCollect_x64.zip
(Updated 03-05-19)

prometheus
03-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Never mind the previous post...I forgot to reboot, once that was done, the cloud noise was back again...

But....the issue of world coordinates is still there, I move the cloud ref, and the cloud isnīt changing noise shape when moving...scaling yes, but not moving.

Also...the gabor noise and simplex noise, refuses to be added in to the node editors main editing UI, they are there in the list, but canīt be added, the others are working though.

prometheus
03-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Puh,,, I was using the wrong version I guess, I then installed the Download (LW2018 Win64) Nodes RmanNodeCollect_2018_x64.zip
(Updated 03-05-19)

again...my cloud noise was gone, and I couldnīt add a single one of the nodes, rebooted, used a clean scene and added a new null, and suddenly...I got All the nodes working to add to the main editor, including gabor noise and simplex..and I could also reload recent scenes and the noise was back again :)
,But I Still can not move the cloud ref in order to change the texture noise, same as before..scaling works with world coordinates active but not moving.

Simplex noise is working though with a null as cloud ref, scaling and moving..so that texture is changing when world coordinates are checked as on, and the texture is really nice for clouds as well, just discovering it now.
flow noise, and gardner not working that way though.

dpont
03-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Pu...But I Still can not move the cloud ref in order to change the texture noise, same as before..scaling works with world coordinates active but not moving.

I'm still using the RmanNodeCollect_2018 update (03-05-19);
re-test this feature with GardnerCloud node in a surfacing context,
add a Null, select it as Reference, switch to World/Deformed Coord.,
the texture moves with the Null here.

Denis.

prometheus
03-07-2019, 02:50 AM
I'm still using the RmanNodeCollect_2018 update (03-05-19);
re-test this feature with GardnerCloud node in a surfacing context,
add a Null, select it as Reference, switch to World/Deformed Coord.,
the texture moves with the Null here.

Denis.

In order to track this issue down...
Sure I could try to check it with surface textures, canīt test since I am not at home, and I guess it may work there with surface textures, but that isnīt the environment I am working with,
canīt you just try it yourself with volumetrics and non pyroclastic texture setup with the nodes? that is where we need to know what is happening in that case.

Or if someone else can test?

dpont
03-07-2019, 02:58 AM
...canīt you just try it yourself with volumetrics and non pyroclastic texture setup with the nodes? that is where we need to know what is happening in that case.

Yes, it is working in this context too,
Null1 + volumetric + Texture non pyroclastic + node setup:
GarnerCloud node + World/D coord + moving Null2 Ref

Denis.

prometheus
03-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Yes, it is working in this context too,
Null1 + volumetric + Texture non pyroclastic + node setup:
GarnerCloud node + World/D coord + moving Null2 Ref

Denis.

Oki doki, I just got home and I tested it on a new scene with a simple ground plate, and the standard surface materials, itīs the same there...All RmanCollection node textures refuses to change when I move a ref null and using world coords, but size, rotate, scale works, and the gabor noise also work when I move the null.

So I was checking the edit plugins, they are marked under the lock as P, and I can also see that the gabor noise isnīt in the first RmanCollectio plugin list and not the simplex either...but this is of course because thats the RmanCollect64.p which of course was the lw 2009 and up version to 2015 I think.

And of course they do show up in the list under rman collect_2018x64.p, and this points to that I should have cleared the RmanCollect64, which I noticed you pointed out before..but somehow though I knew it, I was lazy and thought as long as I just remove the old plugs..it should be ok, the system seem to confuse the two version when installed..

Iīm quite sure if I clear it, re-install, it should be ok...I think, have to do it a bit later though before I can confirm it.

https://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144352&d=1551980929

dpont
03-07-2019, 11:04 AM
...Iīm quite sure if I clear it, re-install, it should be ok...

...Delete it, instead of clearing or you will loose all installed plugins...But you know that.

Denis.

prometheus
03-07-2019, 11:22 AM
...Delete it, instead of clearing or you will loose all installed plugins...But you know that.

Denis.

Yes...when I look at the edit plugins, I would have done that, just a bit tired to be focused:)
Thanks for the warning.

prometheus
03-07-2019, 11:32 AM
And now it works of course, both surface texture and also when using volumetrics.
Thanks for jumping in.

And Thanks for adding the Simplex noise, I think it is looking awesome, and faster than many other procedurals as well, it may become my favourite for clouds.