PDA

View Full Version : Can't move keys slowly in time in graph editor

Boris Goreta
03-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Could anyone please confirm/bump this bug it is basic functionality. Thanks !

https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/LWB-4904/

hypersuperduper
03-03-2019, 01:55 PM
I don’t think other people can view your reports. I can’t at least. I have reported a similar bug, however. I had trouble moving keys right or left in the graph editor while zoomed in. I recorded a video along with my bug report and sent it to newtek. It is incredibly irritating, hopefully they fix it in a patch soon.

Boris Goreta
03-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Here is the report:

In the video provided I hold the ctrl key all the time and move my mouse left and right to move the selected key in time. Notice when I slow the mouse movement key is not moving anymore. You need to have a certain speed to move it. This prevents me from fine tuning the movement of the key in time since I have to speed the mouse movement up and often overshoot the destination time of the key. 2015 and 2018 versions behave good in that regard so it is a problem with the 2019 version.

hypersuperduper
03-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Yep. This is definitely the same bug i reported.

MonroePoteet
03-03-2019, 08:28 PM
I agree it'd be nice to be able to "slow shift" keys with CTRL-mouse, but as a workaround you can enter numeric time shift for selected keys with SHIFT-T:

The panel retains the previously entered Frame Offset, so you can (for example) enter -1 and then hit SHIFT-T and Return repeatedly to "nudge" the selected keys backward by one frame (or whatever small value you need).

mTp

gar26lw
03-03-2019, 08:34 PM
or have the bug fixed :)

MonroePoteet
03-03-2019, 08:40 PM
...or, have a hotkey (I'd choose ALT-left arrow and ALT-right arrow) to shift selected keys by one frame accordingly. :)

mTp

gar26lw
03-03-2019, 10:21 PM
yes you could but i’d say the bug won’t get fixed if you present a workaround. :)

MonroePoteet
03-04-2019, 09:18 AM
Well, I think suggesting a viable workaround is valuable to aid in productivity until the bug is fixed rather than keeping it "secret"! :) I'm sure the reported bug is "on the list", and is hopefully an easy fix.

BTW, ALT-left and ALT-right are already assigned (first frame, last frame), so maybe CTRL-ALT-left and CTRL-ALT-right for "nudge selected keys by one frame" left and right, respectively. For me, that'd be a really great addition, but then again I use hotkeys all the time and like them.

mTp