PDA

View Full Version : NRC 2019.0.2 dead after one task

vncnt
03-03-2019, 07:46 AM
At the end of a network rendering task, the (only) remote computer disappears for no obvious reason and leaves the NRC controller in shock behind.
Instantly or after some time.
The last frame (a png32 sequence) is not in the output directory. The other frames are fine.

After this, the Tasker is still running on the remote computer.
After restarting the NRC the remote node id doesn't popup in the list.
After restarting nrc_tasker.exe on the remode computer, it's available once again. But after some idle time the NRC is frozen again!

There are no error messages in the log and the NRC program doesn't respond anymore (for instance to save the log).

Both computers are running Windows10 and have v2019.0.2 of LW or the NRC-node installed with default settings.
Both computers are connected using Ethernet cable - no wifi.
NRC plugin / output / content / config / submission maps are defined and have r/w access on both computers.
All plugin files are available.
Output files are correctly stored.
During rendering of my simple test scene (a camera that moves towards a ball shape) computer #1 uses 36% of its 8 GB memory, computer #2 uses 22% of its 32 GB memory.

This is the test file: 144313

When I tested the same LWS test file with a frame range of 0-25, 4 Max Samples Adaptive Sampling and 25% frame size everything went fine.

When I tested the same LWS test file with a frame range of 0-25, 4 Max Samples Adaptive Sampling and 100% frame size everything went bad again.

>> What can I do to get this NRC run in a reliable way?

>> Is there a log available as a file, in case I'm not able to save it manually from the log dialog?

>> Why aren't there (system) errors visible in the log? Obviously something is going wrong here so there should be some debug information available, or not?