PDA

View Full Version : Bug or improvement?

Ma3rk
03-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Just wondering if this is a bug or part of the 1902 update for a stability issue.

If you create an object in Modeler, save it then click the Send Object to Layout and Layout isn't open, Layout launches but nothing gets sent to it. You have to click Send Object a 2nd time. All previous versions would launch & send.

Oldcode
03-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a but go me.

jwiede
03-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Just wondering if this is a bug or part of the 1902 update for a stability issue.

If you create an object in Modeler, save it then click the Send Object to Layout and Layout isn't open, Layout launches but nothing gets sent to it. You have to click Send Object a 2nd time. All previous versions would launch & send.

Definitely sounds like a bug. Report it!

Ma3rk
03-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Okee doke.

Ma3rk
03-02-2019, 04:21 PM
...which I'd love to do & tried, but there's a bug with the Feedback Agent! There's NO option to NOT attach a file, and w/o that it won't complete the process.

So, consider this posting my bug report.

BigHache
03-03-2019, 01:00 PM
...which I'd love to do & tried, but there's a bug with the Feedback Agent! There's NO option to NOT attach a file, and w/o that it won't complete the process.

I've noticed this too and I agree that not everything NEEDS a screenshot/file attachment, nor does this sound like something that a screenshot will actually help describe.
I want to say this has also discouraged me from sending bug reports.

Ma3rk
03-03-2019, 03:38 PM
I want to say this has also discouraged me from sending bug reports.

... and I'm sadly willing to bet there are many others that feel & do the same thing.

BeeVee
03-04-2019, 03:33 PM
But equally, if an attachment is required, and a LightWave one isn't appropriate, I'm sure the engineers would appreciate a nice picture of a kitten or a dog - or spores, molds, and fungus?

B
(seriously though, don't let anything stop you from reporting a bug. It helps every LightWave user)

gar26lw
03-07-2019, 01:14 AM
giphy? ;) seriously though, might make bug hunting a bit more fun when you get one of those days. iíll keep it in mind.

jwiede
03-08-2019, 05:51 PM
... and I'm sadly willing to bet there are many others that feel & do the same thing.

Precisely why that attachment requirement is a HORRIBLE idea, no matter how well-intentioned the justification.

Ma3rk
03-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Precisely why that attachment requirement is a HORRIBLE idea, no matter how well-intentioned the justification.

WHAT!?!! Something like that get abused?

Nah, they just brought that on themselves if they can't see it coming in the first place.