PDA

View Full Version : IKBoost problem

vector
02-25-2019, 08:33 AM
Hi.

I'm following this thread (Splinegod still helping me :) ) https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?96947-What-is-the-workflow-with-Bvh/page2&highlight=bvh+ikboost for getting mocap data into a model using IKBoost. Everything works fine unless my model only copy rotation data. It remains suspended in the air without moving in X,Y or Z. I don't use IKBoost normally so I must be missing something. Any idea?

Thanks

Ryan Roye
02-25-2019, 12:23 PM
When loading animations through IKBooster, understand that naming convention is not what is used... instead IKBooster uses the order in which the objects were created to apply motions from one object to another. Assuming that the hierarchy order is exactly the same on both objects, you need to make sure that IKBooster is applied to the top-most object in both hierarchies.

It is possible that the reason its only copying rotation is that you've applied IKBooster to a part of the skeleton that doesn't contain any position data. You may need apply IKBooster manually to the *top most object in the heirarchy* through the "Appearance" tab in object properties. Be careful to not apply IKBooster multiple times in a heirarchy, as this will break things.

vector
02-26-2019, 03:22 AM
Thanks, Ryan. I didn't apply IKB from the beginning. It seems it's important do that way, before adjusting bones. Now it works. So easy use mocap with IKB. It's a pity NT doesn't improve this tool

gar26lw
02-26-2019, 03:48 AM
yes, they really should. i read a comment on one of larry’s videos a few months before he passed in which he said exactly that and he seemed to know ikb pretty well.

i feel that time around 2008 was a time that lw was innovative.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, they really should. i read a comment on one of larry’s videos a few months before he passed in which he said exactly that and he seemed to know ikb pretty well.

i feel that time around 2008 was a time that lw was innovative.