PDA

View Full Version : IKBoost won't record motion

anilrao
02-21-2019, 10:38 PM
IKBoost won't record motion (either in LW2018 or lw2015).
Select the bones apply IKBoost, set the frame range and I can move the bones and the mesh follows but it dosen't record any keyframes. Any suggestions?
Thanks

MonroePoteet
02-22-2019, 08:54 AM
I'm not an IKBoost expert, but this works for me in LW2018.0.7. What Keyframe Mode do you have set for IKBoost?

You click on that point left of the timeline to change it from Parent (which appears to be the default) to other options, and perhaps the current parent mode doesn't keyframe the IKBoost control points you are changing. The various options are documented here:

https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display/LW2018/IK+Boost

As well, it's easy for me to accidentally drop the IKBoost Tool with my habitual shortcut keys. For example, it's automatic for me to press "y" to change to Rotation mode, but that drops the IKBoost Tool and puts me in direct Rotation control of the current object instead. As you probably know, you have to right-click on the bone's IKBoost handle to change from move to rotate or other, but that doesn't change my "autopilot" for using keystrokes to change modes.

Good luck!
mTp

anilrao
02-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Thansk for quick reply. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

prometheus
02-23-2019, 04:27 AM
is autokey set to off?
and if you imported from fbx file or something, you may have imported with wrong settings that overrides some changes.