PDA

View Full Version : Modeling a Character; Rounder tool crash

Rizwan
02-20-2019, 09:50 PM
I need some help in Lightwave, and if some one has solved this problem I would appreciate their help. I am modeling a human character in LightWave Modeler; I made the arms of my Character. At the start the arms were flat, and I wanted to make their shape like those of a normal human arms. I decided to round the polygons on the arms, so I selected the polygons on the arms, I selected the ‘rounder’ tool; the moment I did this the Modeler program crashed Lightwave. This has happened several times in the past. If some one has solved this problem please reply to my message and let me know how to correctly use the ‘rounder’ tool, or if it is a bug in the software. Thanks.

OFF
02-20-2019, 11:51 PM
The rounder is not the best tool for modeling a characters. It is more suitable for solid/hard surfaced objects than for organics. In addition, the rounder does not like objects with a large number of polygons.
Can you show a screenshot of that section of the arm where you are trying to use a rounder? Maybe there is a simpler way.

gar26lw
02-21-2019, 02:48 AM
there is a discussion about this elsewhere atm. sorry, computer says no.

Chuck
02-21-2019, 09:57 AM
The situation you describe sounds more like a job for one of the subdivision tools or for applying subdivision surfaces. Rounder is intended for the cases where you want to round a corner edge, or a number of corner edges on a more complex model, but think mechanical or architectural, not organic.

As mentioned above, a screenshot of the current state of the arms and the model would help folks in giving you guidance on how to proceed.

Edit: If you are trying to model a human for the first time, this tutorial may be useful: https://youtu.be/kXyOenAtnIA