PDA

View Full Version : LW2019 Transparency not respected in reflections?

kopperdrake
02-20-2019, 04:16 AM
Hi all - it's probably something I'm doing, but I have a LW2019.0.1 scene, objects are all BSDF surfaces, 5% roughness, 70% specular. The ground plane has a transparency fall off over a few meters using a Gradient node with the Input driven from a Distance node hooked into the Ground Object Position from the Input node. The transparency works well for the ground, allowing the white background to gradually take over as it recedes into the distance, getting rid of the harsh horizon line. However, I have a weird band showing in the side reflection of the locker unit, appearing where the transparency of the ground plane begins to kick in, to where it should be 100% transparent furthest away.

Any ideas?

RebelHill
02-20-2019, 05:21 AM
Recursions perhaps?

MonroePoteet
02-20-2019, 10:42 AM
Be sure the Index of Refraction on the floor's Surface is set to 1.0 and the Transmittance Color is set to pure white. Perhaps because you have a white environment, the "smudges" produced by non-1.0 IoR and non-white Trans. Color may not show up in the direct rays but with the attributes of the reflective surface being "added" to it, the "smudges" might show up and cause a harder edge. Worth a try.

mTp