PDA

View Full Version : Open GL issue LW2018

luzlight
02-18-2019, 07:08 PM
Hello:

Mapped textures have stopped showing up in open GL in layout.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?. It was working fine and suddenly it was gone. Can't remember exactly what I was doing when it happened.

Uninstalled LW and reinstalled (didn't erase config files) and issue is still there.

Textures show up in modeller fine.

It renders fine, it's jus the Open GL preview. The option is checked in the Open GL options tab.

Mac OS 10.10.5 Latest LW2018 build.

Thanks,

hypersuperduper
02-19-2019, 01:21 AM
Is a material with the textured color connected to the gl output in the texture node editor? I have accidentally disconnected them before and lost textures in gl view. Try connecting the color output of the texture node to a standard shader and then connect that to gl only. You can leave everything else where it is so you don’t mess up your proper rendered material.

Markc
02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Change the Shading Method in the GL prefs panel to PBRGLSLShaders.

luzlight
02-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Is a material with the textured color connected to the gl output in the texture node editor? I have accidentally disconnected them before and lost textures in gl view. Try connecting the color output of the texture node to a standard shader and then connect that to gl only. You can leave everything else where it is so you donít mess up your proper rendered material.

Hi it's just simple texture maps loaded into the image node which is itself connected into the color input of the material node. The simplest of all nodal arrangements. It is not one texture that has disappeared from view, it is all of them, so I am seeing a lot of white-ish polygons in the layout viewport when choosing "textured solid shaded wireframe" mode. VPR is fine, renders are fine as everything shows up.

I am in the middle of a deadline so I'll investigate further later on when I am finished. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try.

luzlight
02-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Change the Shading Method in the GL prefs panel to PBRGLSLShaders.

Hi thanks, It was already selected, so tried the other options and then back to it but nothing happened. The issue isn't a game stopper it's just a slight inconvenience. I'll try to sort it out once I render all the images. Thanks for your help.

BeeVee
02-22-2019, 02:31 AM
You can use the OpenGL input on the Surface destination node to have something display. Have you got something attached there by mistake that is overriding your display?

B