PDA

View Full Version : Using Interchange to update FBX Motions

Dakota Joe
02-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Iíve used the new Interchange FBX feature in LW 2019.0.1 to import a character and a basic walk cycle from iClone 7. Iíve gone through the work of updating the textures to work with Octane thanks to the PBR Importer from Origami Digital tools.
Now I want to replace the walk cycle with the character sitting down. The question is, how can I use Interchange to keep the character mesh with the Octane textures and update it with the new FBX motion of the character setting down?

Thanks,
Jeff

Marander
02-12-2019, 02:22 AM
Iíve used the new Interchange FBX feature in LW 2019.0.1 to import a character and a basic walk cycle from iClone 7. Iíve gone through the work of updating the textures to work with Octane thanks to the PBR Importer from Origami Digital tools.
Now I want to replace the walk cycle with the character sitting down. The question is, how can I use Interchange to keep the character mesh with the Octane textures and update it with the new FBX motion of the character setting down?

Thanks,
Jeff

I have not done this in LW but in my other applications I create a Motion Clip from the animated FBX and appy it to the rigged and textured character, maybe the same is possible with the LW Motion Mixer?