PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD and LW2019 install issues

Verlon
02-04-2019, 08:20 AM
I'm not posting under support because I do not believe this to be a Lightwave bug, at least not in the normal sense.

I installed LW2019, and registered it. - on macOS Mojave running on a Early 2018 MB Pro.
As per usual, this is followed immediately by installing LWCAD (5.51) and setting up the menu branches.

Then I open LW to register LWCAD
None of the buttons work. There is no "You must register LWCAD" or other window. Even the LWCAD Options button doesn't do anything.

Ok, went back and re-downloaded LWCAD. I manually added the plugins. Same thing. I tried various remove and reinstalls of the plugin, but nothing. At least one other user was having similar issues, but not sure whether that was Mac or PC, on the LWCAD Forums.

Has anyone else had this, and, if so, how did they get around it.

Yes, I posted on the LWCAD forums also, but sold my patience to buy more rum!

lardbros
02-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Could it be an issue with the menu branches?
Have you tried just adding the LWCAD tools to a menu branch that you've created yourself? Would be interesting to see if that works, or doesn't.

Verlon
02-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the response.
I haven’t tried that, but the plugins are not showing under the “additional” menu to run without using the branches. This is part of them not working, I think. That said, they show as installed under “Edit Plugins.”

I tried adding the plugins directly from my working 2018 directory, but this did not alter the result.

JohnMarchant
02-04-2019, 11:15 AM
All fine here with the latest version on windows. Sorry cant be of much help with Mac issues. Have you contacted Viktor because i know he is planning a couple of updates this year before LWCad 2020 comes out.

Markc
02-04-2019, 11:24 AM
I have LWCad 5.51 running in LW2019.0 in HS.
Maybe it's the same Mojave issue that LW2018 had with the buttons.

Wireframex
02-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Sorry wrong answer ...

Verlon
02-06-2019, 08:09 AM
Well, I have long griped about the lack of changes to Modeler. Now I have the most significant change to Modeler since LW6: LWCAD isn't working. :devil:

I've added uninstalling and reinstalling LW and LWCAD, and I've reached out to Viktor as well.

I guess the bright side to all the focus on Layout is that I can use Modeler 2018 without missing out on new features.

Verlon
02-06-2019, 08:20 AM
And I fixed it!
Uninstalled LW2019 (everything).
Reinstalled LW2019.
Added LWCAD from LAYOUT instead of Modeler.

Everything works. I cannot fathom why this would make the least bit of difference, but it did. All of the files are the exact same as before.

kopperdrake
02-19-2019, 09:23 AM
I've a quick question about this. I've got LWCAD 2018 installed in LW2018 okay, but when I run the LWCAD 2018.1 installer, it isn't finding my installation of LW2019.0.1 - anyone any ideas?

kopperdrake
02-19-2019, 09:38 AM
Found my answer on the LWCAD forum - should've looked harder before posting here, but incase there are other muppets who stumble through life with their eyes half-shut, here's the answer:

You need to manually install it.

Doh!

calilifestyle
02-19-2019, 09:56 AM
Found my answer on the LWCAD forum - should've looked harder before posting here, but incase there are other muppets who stumble through life with their eyes half-shut, here's the answer:

You need to manually install it.

Doh!

Uncalled for

Oedo 808
02-19-2019, 12:10 PM
Yeah, there was no need at all to insult the muppets :tongue:

(calilifestyle, check his previous post for context)