PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Plugin question

sketchyjay
01-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi,

I have a question about commercial plugins and wanted some advice before placing my orders.

I am focusing on making a short over the next month. It involves alot of action and a large number of people/objects etc. in almost a futuristic Black Hawk Down like story (a stretch but enough of an idea to get where I am going) So I already purchased HD Instance... a really great plugin.

I have $350 left for plugins so I am thinking of the following

Now the muzzle flashes and gun fire I already figured out so I thought that the Taft collection is pretty useless since I am only interested in the Tracer plugin. The Polk collection with it's wide range of plugins looks good for many kinds of animation and automating alot of background stuff. shaking chains, sparks and other stuff is possible with it.

Eki's two plugins since there is so much to them as well. Mainly the buildings to add to the background. The rest I am not sure if I need, mainly the light setup since most of the shots take place at night.

Last is xTools...yeah LW 8 will have editing points in it but since I don't know when that is coming out and I want to have the short done by feburary at the latest, I want to get this since it will allow me to fine tune the placement of objects in HD instance and create morph targets on deforming joints. (wasn't there a japanese plugin that did the same thing? can't find it on flay)

So from this list does it sound like I need to get these or are there other free tools already available on flay or in LW that will the same job? This is again without waiting for LW 8 unless you know it is coming out in the next 2 weeks

Thanks for any help, thoughts, tips,

Jay

Dodgy
01-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Last is xTools...yeah LW 8 will have editing points in it but since I don't know when that is coming out and I want to have the short done by feburary at the latest, I want to get this since it will allow me to fine tune the placement of objects in HD instance and create morph targets on deforming joints. (wasn't there a japanese plugin that did the same thing? can't find it on flay)

Minimo on flay is what you want here...