PDA

View Full Version : Clarification About Pricing of LW 2019

rcallicotte
01-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Would anyone who knows for sure clarify about the people who have followed the upgrades since we were told if we upgrade to each current version as released, we will get a $295 upgrade price? I'm looking for lack of confusion and clarity, so I can show others on the Foundry forums what is accurate. I personally have no problems, since I've been keeping up. No names, but there are a couple of people there who seem to think I'm an exception.

TheLexx
01-27-2019, 07:50 AM
I did definitely get such a discount. If you log in and click on the upgrade link, you should get a link to view your personal discount (even if you don't follow through, you can still view it).

:)

Qexit
01-27-2019, 08:26 AM
My LW2019 upgrade came in at 230 + VAT courtesy of my maintaining my Charter upgrade deal from way back. The equivalent price in US Dollars would be $295, so that must make me an exception too :D

JohnMarchant
01-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Mine says 372 and i believe im still a charter member from long ago. Tried to contact support but when i press send it comes up with an error.

gclayton
01-27-2019, 08:51 AM
This is a reponse I got from Newtek customer support:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?158990-LightWave-3D-2019-is-Now-Available-Official-Discussion-Thread&p=1563044&viewfull=1#post1563044

They stated that if I had maintained charter status that my upgrade price would have been $395, however I was a charter member from the CORE days and should have received $295 upgrade had I maintained my status.

At least that is what I understood it to be.

Chuck
01-28-2019, 10:34 AM
To refresh everyone's memory:

CORE Charter member pricing was $395 if purchased within the grace period after a release;

CORE Post-charter member pricing was $495 if purchased within the grace period after a release;

A later special offer got some LightWave users a $295 pricing going forward, again conditional on purchasing each upgrade.

The sales system will know what pricing a given purchaser is eligible for, so that's the place to check. If you have any concerns, LightWave Customer Support will work with you on a case by case basis to resolve those.

[Note: corrected info about the $295 promotional offer, edited for readability.]

hrgiger
01-28-2019, 11:18 AM
CORE Charter pricing was $395 within the grace period, and post-charter was $495 within the grace period; a later special offer for CORE members got some of them $295 pricing going forward, again conditional on purchasing each upgrade. The sales system will know what pricing a given purchaser is eligible for, so that's the place to check.

That's the thing Chuck. The $295 price never had anything to do with CORE members. The $295 was supposed to be the price going forward for those who remained current as stated by Deuce here https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148219-New-pricing-model&p=1446065&viewfull=1#post1446065 and clarified by Rob a few posts later. Then that $295 price because only available for the first 3 months of 2018 and only for people who bought within some mystery promo period. We were told that charter benefits would come in another form since the price of upgrades had been reduced to the same or better level than previous charter prices.

Oldcode
01-28-2019, 12:27 PM
I have 2018, and just went to my account page. There's a "Request 2019 Upgrade Discount" button. I clicked on that and it took me to a page where I could send a request to get the discount price. 295 US I hope. I got back an email with a link to a support page detailing my request. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get it or not.

UPDATE! I just got the update price of 295! :dance: :D :beerchug:

JohnMarchant
01-28-2019, 01:05 PM
Funny on my account page i had charter LW 11, then Charter LW 2015, but when i got the update for 2018 suddenly no charter and i brought it in Feb last year, and now it does not give me the request update discount, only the normal one for $375. Colour me confused. Maybe Chuck would be kind enough to take a look.143983

jaf
01-28-2019, 02:28 PM
I also thought I would be in the $295 bracket when I bought 2018 last year. I guess not. Since I mainly use Modeler with LWCAD, I just can't justify the cost now, especially if the upgrades become yearly. I guess I'll put more effort into Blender.

machbeowulf
01-28-2019, 03:16 PM
I have been wondering about this too ... I was CORE, bought into every upgrade, usually within 48 hours of release - am not aware of missing any - and am in the $395 camp ... I have upgraded to 2019 ... but def. something made me go 'hmmmm' ...

LightWave 3D v2015 - Upgrade - Charter

next purchase was:

LightWave 3D v2018 - Upgrade
Purchased From NewTek
Purchase Date
Jan. 1, 2018, 6:01 a.m.
Registered On
Jan. 1, 2018, 6:01 a.m.

I seem to recall 2018 became available at midnight, Jan 1 2018.

Since I had CORE in good standing with 2015, am wondering how things lapsed. Should I be sending this off to support ? I just assumed that the pricing was correct. Thank you for any advice or clarification in advance.

Chris S. (Fez)
01-28-2019, 03:32 PM
Contact them. Politely make your case. 2019 is still a steal at $395 but if you feel you should have qualified for $295, let them know. The worst they can say is "Wish we could but..."

Chuck
01-28-2019, 03:50 PM
That's the thing Chuck. The $295 price never had anything to do with CORE members. The $295 was supposed to be the price going forward for those who remained current as stated by Deuce here https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148219-New-pricing-model&p=1446065&viewfull=1#post1446065 and clarified by Rob a few posts later. Then that $295 price because only available for the first 3 months of 2018 and only for people who bought within some mystery promo period.

You are correct that the promo that gave some users a $295 upgrade price going forward if they purchase each upgrade was not restricted to CORE members, and I have corrected my post.

Last year's introductory price of $295 for LightWave 2018 was for all LightWave owners of any version. The limited-time introductory offer had nothing to do with that previous promotion and had no effect on the eligible parties from that promotion - they remained eligible for their special pricing regardless of the ending date of the introductory pricing. The correct pricing will show up for them this time around as well.

Some folks do seem to be confused by the fact that they can check their records and paid $295 last year, but are not being offered $295 this year. That simply means they bought the introductory special, but that their regular price is either standard Charter or Post-charter. The LightWave 2018 introductory offer did not extend the previous offer in any way to anyone else.

In registration, if the currently available price of a new upgrade for all LightWave users of the previous version is as good or better than any special case you are eligible for, such as Charter/Post-charter, then the standard "Upgrade to LightWave 3D 2019" button will show in your account. If your special case is better than the currently available price, then the "Request 2019 Discount Price" button will appear.

Everyone: Apologies, I can't take a look at issues in the LightWave sales and registration system, nor can any other of the forum moderators, as none of us have access. LightWave Customer Support will be able to resolve any issue that you have, so please work with them to do so.

It's clear that a lot of discussion that has already repeated endlessly in the forum is looking to go another round here, and that's just not necessary. Closing the thread.