PDA

View Full Version : what tunes do you listen to

lone
03-08-2003, 11:11 AM
when working with LIGHTWAVE? being a metalhead and a caffiend, i like loud and fast. in addition to CHEVELLE, i like
FINCH, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, DEFTONES, KITTIE, NINE INCH NAILS, STATIC-X, SOUNDGARDEN, and (please don't tell my friends) THE STROKES.

Skonk
03-08-2003, 01:11 PM
My playist currently:

KoRn
Static-X (Black and White, omg wot a tune)
System of a down
Rammstein
Drowning Pool
Marilyn Manson
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
David Bowie (lol how did that get in there)

James..

lone
03-08-2003, 05:04 PM
been meaning to ask this for a while, guess here is as good a place as any - the MOBY video, don't know the name (most of his stuff is too dance oriented for me, but for those who don't know, his ANIMAL RIGHTS CD is very metal), but it's got the little aliens in it. anyone know what program was used to do that?

riki
03-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Hey man, this is not LW related get back to that war debate "Just Joking!" :D

Yeah Yeah music is a must, but I don't know the names of the bands or wheather it's techno-metal-gregorian-chant-house, just like whatever bites my wire on the day. ;)

SLAYER
03-09-2003, 12:21 AM
My profile name says it all.
Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura, etc... and pretty much anything on Roadrunner Records. Well at least it used to be anything on Roadrunner until they started signing all this Nickelback and wanna-be Creed type crap bands.
Ha-ha, that oughta strike a few nerves!
Favorite new band is Killswitch Engage. Check them out. They friggin rock. They will be the best thing at this years Ozzfest!

Slayer

faulknermano
03-09-2003, 12:43 AM
blues: from son house, to muddy waters, to b.b. king, to jimi hendrix, to eric clapton.

i like listening to national anthems as well. (russia's my fav)

DigiLusionist
03-09-2003, 01:09 AM
System of a Down..?! While you're working? How? Now I understand the frame of mind of some of the posts that have been made... (wink)

For me, it's plain stuff like: Enya, Techno Trance, Classical Music, Film Scores, and sometimes Tenacious D (when I'm just free-form modeling to relax).

And dammit, I'll admit it: even ABBA, when the mood strikes me...

**sob** I'm so ashamed...

skarab
03-09-2003, 04:27 AM
as much as I know you would probably hate them, you guys should check out:
all the anticon subsidiaries:
cLOUDDEAD, themselves, jel, doseone, odd nosdam and guys like buc 65, curse of dialect, otomo yoshihide, sasumu yakota, nobukazu takemura among others. At least for me, I love the experimental spontaneous nature of these guys music. And most of all originality, which is something that can't be said for most bands these days.

checkout some free totally legal mp3's at
http://www.anticon.com/anticonmp3s.html
http://www.dirtyloop.com/MusicandVideos.html

that's my opinion anyway

skarab

Epita
03-09-2003, 11:37 AM
I have a really wide rangin music collection

Moby (yay) Mike Oldfield, Eminem, Dr Dre, Loads of Classical, Tenatious D, Aerosmith, U2, Aymi Hamsaki (who ROCKS), Dire Straits, Coldplay, umm, the list goes on!

Epita

Meshbuilder
03-09-2003, 04:52 PM
My music :)

Danny Elfman.. Mostly Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands..
Ennio Morricone western soundtracks..
I also listen to the swedish band, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives..

lord
03-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Depends really, most of the time i like absolute silence. If I'm doing conceptual stuff I might stick on something thematically related- if I'm in a rare music mood I might listen to the likes of Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Sparklehorse, The Tindersticks, The Dirty Three, stuff like that.

Carnera
03-09-2003, 06:26 PM
tito & tarantula (from dusk till dawn...man i think i watched that film 8 times on the row!)

ramstein, die toten hosen, eminem-----------------------------

bye andras
http://www.mba-studios.de

philip
03-10-2003, 05:34 AM
well, it really depends on what I'm doing (had to model a GMC prototype Pickup, so I loaded my playlist with the Lynyrd Skynyrd Box Set, seemed to be the natural choice :P )

other blues and classic rock; SRV, Rory Gallagher, Jimi Hendrix, Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Lonnie Mack, Albert Collins, The Who, Rolling Stones, Santana, Joan Jett, ZZ Top (pre-80s), Ted Nugent... the list goes on

then there's the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies, The Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Stray Cats, Monster Magnet, Slash's Snakepit, U2, Leo Kottke, Paco De Lucia

and here's some tips for daunting deadlines: Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Dead Kennedys, Jello Biafra with DOA, Biohazard, Dream Theater

when my little sister was in coma for 3 months and then died 4 weeks ago a playlist with bad religion and the ramones really helped me over it...

philip
03-10-2003, 05:38 AM
oh and andras: weren't you heading off to scotland? Give me a ring when you're around :D

Nicodemus
03-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Eagles, Notorious BIG, James Brown, Seal, Elton John, Wu-Tang Clan, Mission Impossible Soundtrack, Bob Marley, Gangstarr, Boogie Down Productions, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes.

Leslie

PHilly[Dee]
03-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Trance... Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, Sasha(airdrawndagger is way cool) Dave Pearce's euphoria series, Paul Oakenfold, BT(yeah) John Digweed, stuff from the Global Underground series

kenmac
03-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Need I say.
Just sold out 10 nights at Giants Stadium. A new record.
Not bad for a 53 year old guy.

"Meet me in a land of hopes and dreams".....

manfriday
03-10-2003, 10:08 AM
david bowie
soundgarden
failure
year of the rabbit
on
king's x

Nicodemus
03-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Also Aerosmith and Sting.....
Lleslie

-EsHrA-
03-10-2003, 02:28 PM
photek, squarepusher, autechre, arovane, proem, afx, jazzanova, tipper, amon tobin, boards of canada, dabrye, monolake, kettel..... ... .

and off... :)

Cheers,

-EsH-

bobakabob
03-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Nick Drake, Tim Buckley, Bowie, Ryan Adams, Beatles and an obscure instrumental space rock guitar band called
the Molecules (http://www.invisibleray.co.uk) They dig Lightwave too :)
http://www.invisibleray.co.uk/sleeves/africanhills1.jpg

Freak
03-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I have rather diverse tastes in music....

Beatles, Doors, Hendrix, Clapton, Beach Boys, Elvis, Eagles,
Pink Floyd, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker.

Emeiniem!!!

Powderfinger, Live, Pearl Jam, Leny Kravitz, Silverchair.
Crowded House, Hunters and Collecters, AC/DC, Chilli Peppers,
U2, R.E.M.

Left Field, Sasha, Paul Van Dyk, Tipper. (Global Underground, Ministry of Sound, Slinky's)

The list is almost unlimited.....

brtk
03-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Palace / Will Oldham, Calexico, H. Gelb, Smog, Guy Clark, N Young, Ramones, Giant Sand, Legendary Pink Dots, Lambchop, Autechre, AphexTwin, Nick Cave, Naked City, Fred Frith, Jon Zorn, Bowie, Desmond Dekker, Lisa Germano, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, Snakefinger, Black Flag, RESIDENTS, Dead Kennedys, ELO, Sparks, MISFITS, Brian Eno, Joy Division

and other similiar music..

Mylenium
03-11-2003, 05:41 AM
Depending on my mood and the daytime:

Umek, Dj Rush, Marco Remus etc. (Schranz we call it)

or

Mylène Farmer, Florent Pagny, Patrick Bruel etc.

or

Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Art of Noise etc.

or

Beethoven, Bizet, Berlioz, Mussorgsky, Britten, Elgar etc.

Mylenium

hrgiger
03-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Curve, the Cure, Garbage, U2, Radiohead...

Panikos
03-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Deep Puprle, Rainbow, Alan Parsons , Mike Oldfield, and some greek favourites.

Generally speaking, music of 60's & 70's ...

mastermesh
03-12-2003, 09:59 AM
I have a radio on near my computer with a plug near it that's ready to be plugged in to the in on the sound card. You can get some really funky sounds to play with if you record AM and keep switching the tuner... very nice sounds that you can use in background loops if you are into making your own sounds for videos or mixing music digitally. I have the tv on about 8 feet away from the pc, listening to whatever is on... the belkin videobus is connected so I can record stuff from the tv if it's really intersting stuff or visually inspiring... vhs recorder is on the computer desk so that works if I don't want to wast hd space. My second pc has a bunch of mp3s going which are copies of my cd collection, and every now and then I have a tutorial video going on the main computer from places like www.3dbuzz.com. I love the anarcy of all of this going on at once - out of the chaos comes creation!

Bionic Antboy
03-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Jeez, what a topic...my tastes vary depending on what I'm working on, but here we go...

Pop Will Eat Itself - not the best band ever, but definitely the coolest :) ...and WAY ahead of their time...and they pop up in many of my playlists... :)

Each of these is a sampling from different playlists I have set up...

Chemical Brothers, Paul Oakenfold, Crystal Method

Velvet Underground, Nick Cave, Doors, Stan Ridgeway

Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, NIN, Joy Division, Ministry

Iggy and the Stooges, Ramones, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, The Damned, Black Flag/Rollins Band

Public Enemy, NWA, DMX

Diggable Planets, De La Soul, Eminem, Maestro

Foo Fighters, U2, REM, Garbage, Radiohead, Coldplay

David Bowie, Brian Eno, Peter Murphy, Love and Rockets

Inspiral Carpets, Stone Roses, Kula Shaker, Happy Mondays, Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Various movie soundtracks depending on mood...

Requiem for a Dream soundtrack is INCREDIBLE, and done by Clint Mansell, former Pop Will Eat Itself (kinda) front man.