PDA

View Full Version : New IKIF+ Rig - How to get it to deform mesh?

ernesttx
01-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Thought I would break my question out of the main 2019 discussion.

What is the secret to the new IKIF+ Rig?

In modeler, I set it up just like other Genoma rigs, and put skelegons on 1st layer and save model. In Layout, load model, make sure I'm on first layer w/ skelegons, hit Create Rig, all goes through good. However, mesh is not deformed when moving controllers. I check and Enable Deform is on, Enable MC, etc. I can even select root and move and rotate the model and the mesh transforms (ie, I can move and rotate it in world space). But, nothing moves w/ arms, legs, waist, etc.

I've tried turning Bones off and on, as well.

Is there something else to enable? Looks like a great rig otherwise. Thanks in advance. I might add that I have used other Genoma Rigs without any issues (both rigging and creating rigs).

ernesttx
01-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Playing around more with the IKIF+ Rig and it seems that it comes with some weight maps that need to be setup. I set up the weight maps, make sure for the arm weight map you setup both arms. Each leg has it's own as does the hands. It seems that meshes in other layers, ie, hair, hat, etc. should be weight mapped to head. I choose each layer and assigned the Use bones from layer option to the main one and it did not move the other layers for hair and hat. I'll test some more but, that should get anyone else started.

ernesttx
01-23-2019, 07:49 PM
It seems that you will need to weight map all head items (if in separate layers, ie, teeth, gums, eyes, hair, hat, etc.) to head weight map. You can still weight map each item separately (ie, left eye, right eye, etc.).

Does not look like there are finger controllers or weight maps for each finger bone. I'll set up weight maps for fingers next to see if they automatically assign. Maybe the design of my mesh, but legs affect the lower back too much for me when the knee control is used. I'll play around with it to see what can be changed. I like foot controllers and the wrist pivot. More playing.

ktr4410
01-24-2019, 05:58 AM
Sorry for problems with rig data.
Several weight maps already exist by default.
To erase these, In modeler,
1) Select all skelegons.
2) Setup --> Genoma Edit/Set --> Skelegon Weight Map.
3) In opened panel, erase weight map name and click OK.
If you want to set own weight map to Genoma 2 skelegon,
1) select skelegon(s).
"Setup --> Skelegons/More --> Set Skelegon Weight" is not really good for Genoma 2.

ernesttx
01-24-2019, 07:58 AM
Thank you ktr4410. I was not having problems, as much as I was trying to understand the design and workflow. I'm really liking the rig. So, thank you for contributing to LW. I'll follow your suggestions and keep working with it. :)

ernesttx
01-28-2019, 07:49 PM
Ok, had a chance and yes deleting all the current weight maps allows deformation now. Now to put the rig through its paces. Thanks again krt4410.

Jake
01-28-2019, 08:57 PM
Would like to know how this rig differs from the standard G2 rig that came with LW 2018.

ernesttx
01-28-2019, 09:24 PM
Jake, I'll look into what the differences are. I did just do an initial test of loading 2 character rigs into layout and animating both without issues. Unlike G2 rigs, I recall having to run a rename script on each rig; otherwise, you would run into issues with rig expressions. So, that is a plus for me at the moment.

ktr4410
01-29-2019, 02:51 AM
Thank you for using / interest to IKIF+ RIG.

Features of this RIG:
- Simple and Light.
- When moving the foot, pivot point has highly flexibility. Heel, Toe, Ankle, and any point of sole can be the pivot point.
- Arms can be moved with either IK / FK (like) without a switch.
- You can return to the default position by setting the controller XYZ position to 0, 0, 0. (used the setup function for genoma 2)
- Can make all controllers hide at once. (if multiple characters are in the scene, it may not function properly)

I hope that you can utilize it.

Jake
01-29-2019, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the replies ernest and ktr, I hope to check it out soon.

ernesttx
01-29-2019, 07:29 PM
I'm working with the rig and motion mixer and I believe it performs a bit better than G2 biped rig. If I recall, there was some issue with exposing certain controllers to motion mixer to add items to motion. So, I'm liking that as well. So far, ktr4410, it appears to be a very good rig. Next I'll check on deforming some of my characters and where I need weight maps or hold bones.

brent3d
02-08-2019, 12:13 PM
"One rig to the rule them all"..lol A look at the simply stellar IKFK+ Studios Genoma 2 rig that comes with Lightwave 2019. It allows for IK and FK simultaneously without the need to use blending. It works in Lightwave 2015 and in Motion Mixer with multiple characters!! Simply awesome.
https://youtu.be/-wNx3hhAJt4

ianr
02-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Sorry for problems with rig data.
Several weight maps already exist by default.
To erase these, In modeler,
1) Select all skelegons.
3) In opened panel, erase weight map name and click OK.
If you want to set own weight map to Genoma 2 skelegon,
1) select skelegon(s).
"Setup --> Skelegons/More --> Set Skelegon Weight" is not really good for Genoma 2.

akusan no yūzā ga Genoma purisettorigu ni tsuika shita koto o ureshiku omoimasu.
Watashitachi wa anata ga uma no koto o iu yō ni dōbutsu o tsudzukete iku koto o nozomimasu ka? Arigatōgozaimashita:beerchug: