PDA

View Full Version : Missile & Laser effect

MartinSax
01-19-2019, 03:11 AM
Dear all,

I am making the switch and giving LW2018 the test.

I have a Hypervoxel system for a missile effect, like new seris BSG i suppose.

I wondered if there was a good Node system in place to create the same kind of effect within the new volumetric system, paired with an emitter, because i just seem to cannot be able to create this kind of effect with the same result as hypervoxel.

Its there, but not 100% and trying to get to grip with this. i understand about create smoke etc..., same with the emitter, however what ever i do in there circumstances i cannot seem to control the system as well as i could the previous hypervoxel system, but i do want to improve on this.

the same goes for the laser effect/beam effects.

Any help in such area, would be very much appreciated.

many thanks

Martin

Cobalt
01-19-2019, 07:42 AM
I am trying to work through some similar tasks, basic explosion and smoke type stuff, and want to just fall back on some older Hypervoxel methods of doing this. But I'm doing my best to transition to the new capabilities that Lightwave 2018 has brought to the table. I should have some scene files to share in a few days and hopefully you will find something useful there.

prometheus
01-19-2019, 09:19 AM
Dear all,

I am making the switch and giving LW2018 the test.

I have a Hypervoxel system for a missile effect, like new seris BSG i suppose.

I wondered if there was a good Node system in place to create the same kind of effect within the new volumetric system, paired with an emitter, because i just seem to cannot be able to create this kind of effect with the same result as hypervoxel.

Its there, but not 100% and trying to get to grip with this. i understand about create smoke etc..., same with the emitter, however what ever i do in there circumstances i cannot seem to control the system as well as i could the previous hypervoxel system, but i do want to improve on this.

the same goes for the laser effect/beam effects.

Any help in such area, would be very much appreciated.

many thanks

Martin

For laser effects, I would use the old trick of mapping luminosity on to a kind of x shaped geometry, and not involve any hypervoxels for anything of that.
for smoke, it takes a bit of more time to set up with the new volumetrics..

Here´s a little dummy guide for black body setup within the new 2018 volumetric system..

https://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=139706&d=1516819003

Check thread here..
https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155488-Hypervoxels-VS-New-Volumetrics/page8

MartinSax
01-19-2019, 01:17 PM
Well i have to admit, i tried both and failed miserably,

The laser effect i have tapped once on, but mapping to luminosity has never been able to create a "Star Wars" effect from when i have tried compared to HV.

Smoke wise, i didnt really get the same effect with the NODE system broughtup here, was predominantly red without the gradient of course.