PDA

View Full Version : Can bullet rigid bodies collide with bullet deforming bodies?

Carm3D
01-09-2019, 09:23 PM
I am using Lightwave 2018.

I have a deforming model with MDD animation. I did the trick specified in the manual to allow bullet to retain the MDD animation shape using shape retention, etc., though it only works if bullet is BEFORE the nodal displacement layer, so I suspect it's still not working.

I have a rigid body on a spring constraint but it is not colliding with the animated deforming model.. I suspect as far as bullet is concerned it is still stuck on it's shape from frame 0.. This is what it did before I put it before the nodal displacement layer.

Any thoughts?

jwiede
01-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Might also want to look at this thread (https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144842-Bullet-and-mdd), as you're both encountering similar issues.

Carm3D
01-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Yeah I did read through that thread. It did not bring any solutions, unfortunately.

Carm3D
01-10-2019, 12:54 PM
I just learned from elsewhere this is a bug in the current LW and it has been reported.

jwiede
01-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Is this bug still present in LW2019.0.0?

Carm3D
01-22-2019, 10:10 PM
They told me the bug was fixed in the internal build and it would be in the next release.. Well they didn't tell me the next release would cost me $400.

Also I think using deforming bodies as collisions were never supported in LW Bullet. I don't know if that was added in LW2019 (doubt it).

In my opinion they should release another fix for LW2018. I know they will not, but it's kind of sad to say, "You want the things we broke to be fixed? Pay me money!" Bad juju.

jbrookes
01-26-2019, 06:45 PM
I agree.

A number of features that were advertised as part of LightWave 2018 aren't fully working.

A bit like a car that features signal lights, but no wiring to the electronic switches to actually make said lights respond to the driver's requests. Then finding out that having it implemented isn't covered under warranty.