PDA

View Full Version : Octane: animated instances don't move

Wilfrick
01-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Hi,
really sorry for this post, I know this isn't the right place to ask, but I can't write in octane forum (support will fix my account soon I hope), so I don't know how I can resolve this problem and I try to ask here:
LW 2018, I have a couple of instances, they make a simple animation. IPR shows all right, instances move when I scroll the timeline, but in the final render (F10) the instances don't move, stay on the first frame rendered. If I begin to render from another frame, maybe from frame 25, the first frame rendered (25) is right (the instances have the right positions in the frame 25) but in all the others frames the instances don't move (always have the position of frame 25). Same if I start from frame 89 for example, in frame 90, 91, 92 etc the instances have the position of frame 89.
With motion blur, in the first frame rendered the instances have the right motion blur... so octane understands that they are moving... but nothing to do, in the following frames the instances don't move, always stay in the same position with the motion blur.
There is a way to resolve this problem?
Thank you fro the help
Bye

OFF
01-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Set the Rendering Scene Update mode to 'Full scene upload':

Wilfrick
01-03-2019, 04:16 AM
Thankyou very much!
Now all works.

pixym
01-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Set the Rendering Scene Update mode to 'Full scene upload':

"Update scene" should work aswell… simply be sure "Instance LW clones", "Instance -(name) Nulls" and "Render LW11+instances" are checked.

Shaun
01-03-2019, 01:50 PM
"Update scene" should work aswell… simply be sure "Instance LW clones", "Instance -(name) Nulls" and "Render LW11+instances" are checked.

Don't use scene update!! It will slow things down a lot as it will force a reload of images & meshes. Only ever use that if you have an object sequence.
Just use the update instances option.

Shaun
01-03-2019, 02:00 PM

Wilfrick
01-04-2019, 06:18 AM
Don't use scene update!! It will slow things down a lot as it will force a reload of images & meshes. Only ever use that if you have an object sequence.
Just use the update instances option.

Thankyou! yes, you are right, update instances is enough and all my instances are ok now.