PDA

View Full Version : LW11.6.2 Layout acting up

ultra32
01-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Hello fellow LightWavers.

Has anyone came against an issue, wheres Layout messes up *.LWS files created on other machines?
- Lens focal lenght and frame settings are set to 0
- Anti aliasing adaptive sampling settings are zerod out.
- Objects that have their pivot point changed from default position, now have their poivots randomly moved in Layout.
- Light intensity and shadow values have changed.
- Scene backdrop and compositing tab settings values have changed.

Scene files created on the current machine are fine, only scenes imported from other machines are affected. (all machines run LW 11.6.2)
On the Modeler side, everything seems to be fine.

Have reinstalled LightWave multiple times, deleted LW conf files etc, so far problem still remains.

Any ideas?

Tim Parsons
01-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Are you using all PCs or a mixture of PCs and Macs? If so that could be an issue although I doubt it. Also you might want to open both scenes in a word editor and see if they are the same. In situations like this is best to do some testing with simple scenes and just test back and forth. My guess is that you will discover some kind of user error. Could also be a network/content directory issue, make sure everybody is going to the same place.

Sensei
01-03-2019, 03:07 AM
.lws is text file, so you can load it to any text editor like Notepad (recommend ConTEXT), and compare them. Maybe the fields that are messed are not saved in .lws at all, but are taken from LW default scene..

ps. Why are not you using LW v11.6.3.. ?

ultra32
01-03-2019, 06:35 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention that both are PC /WIN based systems (same version and build). Content direcotries are both the same. Did a comparison between LWS files - both are identical, but as soon as I save on "bad" machine, that LWS has 52 changes made to its values.

Here is a link to a small test file: http://www.zapsik.com/download/Test.zip

ultra32
01-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Fixed! Someone on FB LW Support Group suggested to chek the comma values under WIN regional settings. Comma settings where correct but languages for non-unicode programs were different.

Tim Parsons
01-03-2019, 07:05 AM
That's a new one. :) Glad you are good to go.

jwiede
01-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Fixed! Someone on FB LW Support Group suggested to chek the comma values under WIN regional settings. Comma settings where correct but languages for non-unicode programs were different.

For as many times as this locale issue has come up over the last 5-10 years (it isn't a small number), it'd be so much easier if LW just detected an incompatible setting for locale info and complained about it (specifically), rather than just silently corrupt user data behind the scenes.

Sensei
01-05-2019, 05:13 PM
(..coma/dot floating point separators...)

That's a new one. :) Glad you are good to go.

Not really. But people forgot as they received new LW 2015 and LW 2018..
In older times, there was couple threads about this issue.

jwiede
01-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Not really. But people forgot as they received new LW 2015 and LW 2018..
In older times, there was couple threads about this issue.

Agreed, it's come up repeatedly over the years.

Sensei
01-07-2019, 04:29 PM
It has been fixed, I believe so. Otherwise we would see complains from people using LW 2015.x and LW 2018.x

ps. I have the same issue in my Android app.. just noticed.. ;)