PDA

View Full Version : Sudden bugs and crashes please help!!!

ilanvfs
12-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am getting a series of weird bugs suddenly in modeler.

Here is a list of everything that is happening. To start off i have a good system. I have 36gig of ddr4ram an Nvidia GTX980 TI edition and an i5-6600k

I am working with a character that should not be hard for my system to handle but the following happens

1. Randomly slows down like crazy to the point where even changing from shaded to wireframe or in and out of subpatch mode takes 30 seconds
2. I get an error saying "not enough memory" and the system just locks up
3. and some weird error randomly popped up about the hub recently but went away after restarting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is lightwave not communicating properly with my graphics card? Not sure what's happening> it works fine for a bit then bugs out over and over.

Kryslin
12-30-2018, 02:53 PM
First thing I would do is update the video drivers.

Also, make sure that you have the onboard video (your i5 has it) turned off in the BIOS. If you did turn it off, double check and make sure.\ it is off.

Signal to Noise
12-30-2018, 03:21 PM
... I have 36gig of ddr4ram....

I'm curious about this. Is that total or what is available for resources? The number is strange since 'normal' would be say 32GB (ie. 4 x 8GB or 2 x 16GB). What kind of arrangement to you have for the memory? Are they in matched pairs or is it of mixed types/speeds which is not recommended?

Nicolas Jordan
12-30-2018, 03:50 PM
Are you using LWCAD 2018 at all?

Kryslin
12-30-2018, 05:00 PM
And if you are using LWCAD 2018, make sure previous versions of LWCAD have been removed (LWCAD 2018 and previous versions do not play well together).

ilanvfs
12-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Turns out my computer has a bunch of corrupted drivers and somehow i guess never. And to light until lightwave stresses it out. I’m going to re install windows clean to avoid any issues...

Long day ahead tomorrow.