PDA

View Full Version : Question about connecting two objects.

ilanvfs
12-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Hello,

I have a unique issue as someone transitioning from maya to lightwave. I am modeling a watch that is engraved and have used 3d sticker plugin to place the engraving on the watch links. My question is, is there a way to attach the polygons so it is a single object as oppose to disconnected? It should be simple enough. In maya i could boolean it but it's not working here and because of the nature of lightwave i am confused as each "piece' isn't treated as an object in itself.

The problem is if i use meta mesh it's numerous different objects etc... and when I send this to our engraver it will also be impossible to use unless all the polygons are connected. I hope this picture makes sense.

prometheus
12-28-2018, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I have a unique issue as someone transitioning from maya to lightwave. I am modeling a watch that is engraved and have used 3d sticker plugin to place the engraving on the watch links. My question is, is there a way to attach the polygons so it is a single object as oppose to disconnected? It should be simple enough. In maya i could boolean it but it's not working here and because of the nature of lightwave i am confused as each "piece' isn't treated as an object in itself.

The problem is if i use meta mesh it's numerous different objects etc... and when I send this to our engraver it will also be impossible to use unless all the polygons are connected. I hope this picture makes sense.

Freeze subpatched main object before you can solid drill with your engrave profile object, Or boolean.