PDA

View Full Version : ffmpeg missing from latest SDK?

lukerctv
12-12-2018, 11:44 AM
I just did a fresh install of the SDK on a new machine to test some things, but I can't find ffmpeg in its usual location.

The last time I installed "version 3.7" it was included, and the latest download still reports as that version, so I'm not sure what happened.

lukerctv
12-20-2018, 10:54 AM
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7589?cversion=0&cnum_hist=11

Guess that's the reason... any comments from NewTek?

SBowie
12-20-2018, 11:18 AM
I think the SDK offers direction re: ffmpeg, and expect that developers who might use the NDI SDK have the wherewithal to compile it as appropriate for their needs. If there are any related questions, about this or any matter involving the NDI SDK, the SDK docs suggest emailing [email protected]

lukerctv
12-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Seems like the ffmpeg project is going to remove libndi support entirely unless NewTek makes some concessions beyond removing the pre-compiled binary from the SDK.

Is NewTek planning on doing anything, or should I make arrangements for losing ffmpeg support in the near future?

SBowie
12-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Is NewTek planning on doing anything, or should I make arrangements for losing ffmpeg support in the near future? "If there are any related questions, about this or any matter involving the NDI SDK, the SDK docs suggest emailing [email protected]"

gareylui
01-18-2019, 01:24 AM
Based on the replay on ffmpeg, both side was done?
Can I still consider ffmpeg + ndi as a solution?