PDA

View Full Version : De-select?

Birck Cox
12-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Hi, guys and gals, I have another beginner question: In LW3D 2015, how do I Deselect ( a point, edge or poly) and Deselect All?

RebelHill
12-10-2018, 10:01 AM
click anywhere thats not a viewport

Birck Cox
12-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Dear RebelHill: Thank you for adding that detail "...thats not a viewport". That was my problem. Thanks.

prometheus
12-10-2018, 10:44 AM
I usually set up a shortcut "d" for drop, since I use drop selection probably 90% more than I use display, and I actually add display options at the bottom menu bars of modeler, and simply use buttons when I need it.
For me that is easier going when I do not want to have to much strain on mouse movements, it allows me to have the mouse cursor fixed or focused on an area and not leaving it, while either selecting or deselecting it...so the left fingers take care of that.

Clicking anywhere that isnīt a viewport isnīt really covering "everywhere thatīs not a viewport" in the lightwave UI, if you click on the empty spaces next to the main head menus, that will do nothing for you.

You can also double click in the viewport...If you have checked that option in the display preferences and that should drop the selection..It can be riscy though if you accidently happen to drag move something if you have too shaky hands :)

Go to edit/edit keyboard shortcuts, enter "drop" in the keyboard search field, and you will get some selection results back..and you should find drop selection under selection, click on it to select highlight it,then in the right "window" scroll down to the "d" key ..klick on that to select it..then click on assign, and you will have changed the shortcut, to note is that you wouldnīt have any shortcut configured for display..so you may want to re-assign that to something else, or make a button for it...If you find my shortcut structure worth it that is..otherwise pick what suits you best.

MonroePoteet
12-10-2018, 12:00 PM
I use the default forward-slash ("/") shortcut all the time to Drop Current Selection, and use Space-/-Space-/-Space-/ to drop all points, edges and polys, sometimes doing it more than three times to ensure everything is deselected. BEWARE though: in LW2018 someone re-assigned the shortcut to TOGGLE current selection rather than DROP current selection. I have to remember to change it back every time I do a fresh install or I end up re-selecting points / edges polys I don't want.

mTp

Sensei
12-10-2018, 01:24 PM
The first thing I am doing after installing new version of LightWave is opening Modeler, shrinking width of the main window to make space on the right, pressing "w", and "n" to open statistics and numeric windows, and placing them on the right side of screen.
Statistics window has + and - buttons, which you can use to select/deselect elements with given properties.

BeeVee
12-13-2018, 12:53 PM
If you have a mouse with multiple additional buttons and driver software, you can do what I do, which is to map / to the Back button on the mouse, and Ctrl-F9 to the same button for Layout (to toggle VPR on and off).

B