PDA

View Full Version : preview image,avi & mov

cresshead
01-01-2004, 07:16 PM
how many time have you searched for an image to use as a texture and the only way to "see" the image is to load it into image editor..where you get a tiny preview only to have to delete it as it's not what you want...

why can't we preview BEFORE we load it up into image editor?
and how about seeing it at at full size in image editor if we want to?

or at least we could tap into the render preview window capabilities of lightwave to make a 640 x 480 window of the texture once it's in there...

i'm sure this would come under a workflow issue for lightwave 8!

currently i preview my textures/avi's & mov files in either 3ds max or corel draw..both of which are not available to all lightwave users!

i'm sure this would save HUGE amounts of time for those without 3dsmax or corel draw being loaded up.

i need previews of jpg,gif,avi,mov,tif,tga,png....

PXLPSH
01-02-2004, 02:48 PM
I agree with you 100% on this issue.
If you want to see a full size pic after it is loaded into layout, just double click on the image editor window. If you want to preview the texture beforehand ,I use a small "FREE" program called xnview to do a preview of my textures , avi, mov...etc... if I need to do so.
When loading my textures in I just right click on a texture and select open with,choose xnview and find the one im looking for.
Its not perfect as i cannot just shoot the texture into layout with the press of a button,but now I know the name of the texture I want and where it is located..Not a fix but this is pretty much an all in one pic viewer that i use constantly.

you can aquire a copy at: http://www.xnview.com

It would be nice if NT could add a feature like this in the future.
I never really thought to hard on this subject till your post. I guess I got used to the bandage I applied to this shortcoming. :)
Anyways I hope this helps as it surely will allow you to see your textures..etc alot faster than loading max or corel.
Peace

pixelinfected
01-04-2004, 07:13 PM
the funny thing is that Newtek has something of that, but developed for Aura (now MIrage), where you can setup a file viewer, which preview file directly...

Nemoid
01-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Agree totally! it would be a good workflow enhancement. if they had in Aura, I don't see any good reason not to have this in Lw :)